Domain Does Not Exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

intercit

Reaction score
I did a forum search for the above "Domain Does Not Exist"
but there were no search results.

I helped a non profit kids foundation setup a website a while back and told the manager to keep an eye on it and they didn't do it so our site here was terminated. I created a new account and just restored it today and the website is displaying the above message. How long does it take before the domain is shows our website. For the time being I replaced the index.htm,index.html,index.php with a Temporary Down message but that isn't even displaying.

It's only been about a half hour but I thought that since it's a subdomain of x10hosting it would be immediate.

EDIT:
Making headway. Was able to see my temporary html file at the root of the public_html directory to test if it was the domain servers not updating. The direct url to our server was sent to my email so for example:
http://xo1.x10hosting.com/home/myusername/public_html/index.html
and that worked so next I removed the index.html and restored the index.php to our joomla installation but so far now it's giving a
503 Service Unavailable.

Looks like a separate issue.

EDIT 2:
Just installed a fresh version of Joomla from softalicious control panel. There is definitely something going on with x10hosting and joomla. Still using the local link since my public link doesn't seem DNS propataged yet.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.