Domain name request

Status
Not open for further replies.

infolinx

Reaction score
Hello to the admins. I'm a new user and have created a free hosting site. I haven't had any hits on the site yet and it's been over a week. I have numerous keywords entered into the SEO metadata items and page descriptions. A quick Google search showed that a site with a similar name (infolinx.com) already exists. I'm guessing that could be why not even the search engines are finding my site. I've searched out another name and would like to try that one to see if I can get "noticed". So, could you please change my domain from infolinx.x10host.com to linx2info.x10host.com?

Also, in the site's files/directories I see comments.dat files (e.g. 4.comments.dat) as well as news/blog php and comments files. Is there a way of setting up news/blog/comments entries on webpages under sitebuilder or are those files only accessible using an insalled app? I'm using sitebuilder to create/edit the pages.

Thanks,
Barry.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
I'm guessing that could be why not even the search engines are finding my site.

No hits in a week? Welcome to the webmaster reality club. :eek:

Your site name isn't relevant. (I'm a free member thus cant change yours)

The content on your site (which seems rather small), people that are looking for said content, and search engine submissions are what's important.

Go join 'Google Search Console' and add your URL (they call "Property") .. then have Google crawl your site. Use all the help info they supply. https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home

Businesses spend thousands over years getting their sites high in the search results. What are we going to get for free in a week? Rome wasn't built on the interwebs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.