Dual Monitor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conor

Reaction score
Hey guys (long time no post!)

I need some help here. Running a nvidia geforce 6600GT PCI-E in my system. I have it set up for dual monitors. I have my 19" computer Viewsonic monitor and then my 46" LCD Samsung TV. I need to know how to have seperate resolutions for both (I need higher resolution on the TV). Also how do I get it to go up to an appropriate resolution for this size TV? Or is it limited to how high my monitor can go (1280x1024)

Thanks a lot,

Conor

Chris Z

Reaction score
Do you have like a PCI card, and then an internal VGA port? That's the only way I can think of doing it, but I'm sure there are other ways.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Few of questions first:
1. What OS are you running?
2. Whats the maximum resolution of your TV,
3. Whats the res you want it at?
4. How are you connecting both of them to your PC? VGA, DVI etc?

For me, in Windows XP, running an aging ATI 9200SE 128MB, DirectX9c, connected to a 1280x1024 17" via VGA, the process is really simple.

Start -> Control Pannel -> Appearance and Themes -> Display -> settings

Then you can change individual monitor settings from there. Including screen positioning, resolution, colour depth. Even though a second screen isn't attached for me, since the card has the capability, it shows the options. I'd imagine that for nVidia cards it isn't too disimilar, since it seems to be part of the Windows default control panel functionality.

Did that help?

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have like a PCI card, and then an internal VGA port? That's the only way I can think of doing it, but I'm sure there are other ways.

The card itself might support both monitors already; ATI Radeon 9250 here (me) has a monitor and TV, but the TV won't go higher than 1024x768 without becoming a scrolling one where you push the mouse to the side of the screen to move it around.

That might be a limitation of Generic TV's though, in which case you'll be in a bit of trouble cause it won't let you go high enough :S

Trixter

Reaction score
EASY. Rclick on the desktop select properties -> Settings Tab-> Advanced Button-> GeForce Tab -> nView Display Settings

Select Dualview as the Display Mode note if your TV is 1 or 2

Click OK ( you might have to restart at this point if so go back into properties -> Settings

Select your the number your TV was and change the resolution do the same for you Monitor.

note if you want the tv on the left/right/top/bottom just drag it in the settings tab to the desired location on the moniter display.

Conor

Reaction score
Problem is, it's limiting me to 1280x1024 on my TV which is much too small. I am running Windows XP with a VGA monitor. I use the HDTV connection to S-Video to Composite to connect to the TV.

Like this: HDTV-----S-Video----Svid-to-Composite-Adapter-----composite-----TV

Any ways I can change my resolutions limit?

Trixter

Reaction score
ok if you change your main resolution does it get bigger? if so ill need to see which nVidia control panel your useing to be of more help as iv never had to connect my tv that way before. I might try it out and see if i can duplicate your problem on my 7800 if you dont come right.

Conor

Reaction score
I am at my max resolution on my 19" LCD (main) which is 1280.x1024.

Status
Not open for further replies.