DynDNS / No-IP and remote MySQL access

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejpark

Reaction score
Firstly, I'd like to thank the x10hosting administrator(s) for providing such a great, free hosting service. Thank you!

I want to configure Remote MySQL access on my account, and I understand that I need to get a static IP address and ask admin to add it to the whitelist. Unfortunately, my ISP (Virgin Media, UK) does not give out static IP addresses and I cannot change ISP.

Is it possible to use DynDNS / No-IP to associate the dynamic IP address of my router with a static IP, and then add that address to the whitelist for remote MySQL access?

Thanks

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Let me reply by saying first off, we don't allow remote mysql. We're a web host, not a database host. So, a good chance you'll never get your hostname added to the whitelist. But, I can tell you this. Your mysql host is--- Localhost. :)

mejpark

Reaction score
I would like to login to MySQL using HeidiSQL, but my login details are rejected. What do I need to do in order to login to my account with a MySQL client?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
You can't. Also if you did, we can't add hostnames, only IPs, so that wouldn't work.

mejpark

Reaction score
That's a damn shame. Performing CRUD operations with phpMyAdmin is a royal pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.