Email foreordaining Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
How to you set up email forwarding on the new panel? any help would be nice.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can not, that is a limitation of free hosting, it should never have been available under the cPanel servers either. We are aware that apparently it was on one or two of the servers.

If you have a forward setup that you need removed we can help with that however.

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So what your saying is that Email forwarding should not been under the free plan even if it was under the old panel ? Why where users of the service was not told this from the beginning? No i have a forward setup .

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure no one ever said it was available either.

At one point, when I started my first free account little over a decade ago, they were allowed as were catchalls, not sure exactly when they were turned off however since I later moved my account to premium hosting.

I believe forwarders was removed a fair bit ago, although accounts created under an old plan (we're talking accounts that have been around for a few years) may have been able to keep them. I have seen during the transfers that there was a lot of different account configurations, from old plans mostly but also evidence that for whatever reason that not all servers were set the same way. I know one of the old servers was initially configured as a highrisk one when we did that for certain countries that was tighten down even further from the regular feature plan.

Now however we have made sure that all servers are allowing the same features and that all accounts, no matter the age, is under the same plan, the only exception being disk allowance that users can request to have increased when certain criteria is met.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you need a forwarding service, GMail accounts (and other providers as well) can provide a more powerful interface than given via CPanel or the current system. With GMail you can receive but also send as multiple users, even from non-gmail domains. I think you would find that this service may be helpful, even though it is 3rd party.

Please see this if you are interested: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en

Status
Not open for further replies.