Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We have made some changes to email this evening to help filter out spam and improve deliverability rates for legitimate email.

One major change that users should be aware of is that we will no longer allow outgoing email with forged headers, for example you can not send an email from youruser@hotmail.com from your free hosting account any longer. Emails sent from email services like gmail, hotmail, etc will automatically be discarded by the system.

Some people set their scripts up to send email from their hotmail, gmail, or yahoo addresses. If you did this you will need to change it if you want your email to go out. Email should only be sent from an address located on your account.

I'd also like to remind people of our email limits, normal hosting is 100 per hour and high risk is 25 per hour. Any email after these limits will be automatically discarded by the system. Excessive amounts will result in a suspension.

You can use Google Apps email with your free hosting account, be sure to follow the instructions and change your scripts accordingly.

These changes only apply to outgoing email sent from your free hosting account.

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused, maybe this is a dumb question... this means, i'm no longer able to send emails using smtp with my gmail account in my fourm?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using gmail's SMTP server it will work fine. If you are using our SMTP server it will not go out.

leonidou58

Reaction score
Hello,

In respect to the email limit you say that normal hosting is 100 per hour and high risk is 25 per hour. Can you please explain what is normal hosting and what is high risk? Is free hosting high risk? How do I know if I am high risk?

Regards
Costas

Avegaille

Reaction score
Hmm, so if I have a domain electromaster.tk and then an email namehere@electromaster.tk, all the mails that I've sent under that email should go through?

Sounds better than not having the email function working at all... it's not like I'm going to send that much email, so at least, this is good to know.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Say you are using a script from your account.
Say your account has a domain name of lumberjacksong.com
You have to have the 'From' header be something like: ima@lumberjack.com, where that is an email account on your site.
It cannot be: imalumberjack@hotmail.com

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No dice on the emails for Stoli. They still aren't getting out to any accounts I send them to. AOL actually sends back an error, saying it rejected the address

kishoresiluvaikan83

Reaction score
I have a doubt, I make MX recordes for google apps. Is there any mailing limit for outgaoing mails fromm google apps for the domain?... Please guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.