Resolved Error 522: connection timed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Hi cannot connect to my website (www.baybiscuits.co.uk) I get an error 522: connection timed out. I am using cloudflare and they say contact host as the problem is normally with the connection between cloudflare and host.

Ian

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
As you may know, we did some server migrations in December and January, as announced here: https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/cpanel-migration-to-directadmin.206877/

This also lead to new IP addresses for the servers, for your server that is: 198.91.81.13

The old servers have now been taken offline and decommissioned, so if you didn't update the A record on CloudFlares nameservers prior, the site would appear to be offline. The solution is to update the A record.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Hi Anna
Thanksfor the info and reply. Website now seems to load but I'm getting the following errors at the top of page.

Warning: fopen(/home/baybisc5/storage/logs/openbay.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/baybisc5/domains/baybiscuits.x10.bz/public_html/system/library/log.php on line 22Warning: fopen(/home/baybisc5/storage/logs/openbay.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/baybisc5/domains/baybiscuits.x10.bz/public_html/system/library/log.php on line 22Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/baybisc5/domains/baybiscuits.x10.bz/public_html/system/library/log.php on line 39Warning: fopen(/home/baybisc5/storage/logs/error.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/baybisc5/domains/baybiscuits.x10.bz/public_html/system/library/log.php on line 22

Any ideas?

Thanks

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that relates to paths being different then with cPanel.

I have corrected the paths in your configurations as well as created the logs folder where the system was looking for it.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Hi Anna
Thanks for that.
I know this is a BIG shot in the dark but is there anyway I can get a back up from the previous server (x02 I think). I hadn't made a backup of the mysql database recently and lost alot of customer data.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The information I have is that every account on the old servers would have been packaged up and put on a separate server for safekeeping, this is however something I don't currently have access too (I have asked head admin about that part).

From our point of view, the easiest solution would be wipe the current DA account and re-apply the one from backups, I'm guessing you didn't really do any file edits after the migration was completed? Solving the error you had initially is easy so I can either do it again or just instruct you as to what I did.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Hi Anna
The instructions how to do it would be great. I ideally want a back up from yesterday because since covid-19 we have been getting alot of traffic and business daily.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The backup would be from shortly before the servers were taken offline. At least that's what was said when I was informed about the plans, run a packaging script to archive each account into a transfer package, then decommission the server, might be a couple hours between the two though.

As for what I did on your account, I opened the file: /domains/YOUR_DOMAIN/public_html/config.php

and made sure the path for application, system and image was as: /home/USER/domains/YOUR_DOMAIN/public_html/THE_RESPECTIVE_FOLDER
As comparison it was previously: /home/USER/public_html/THE_RESPECTIVE_FOLDER

So basically you need to edit the path up until /public_html/

Then I went into /storage/ (located in your account root) and created the folder "logs" as that would be what this line points to: define('DIR_LOGS', DIR_STORAGE . 'logs/');
https://x13.x10hosting.com:2222/use...ins/baybiscuits.x10.bz/public_html/config.php

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The fresh backup from the old server have now been used for re-transfer of your account.

You will need to change the php version again and apply the changes I wrote about.

baybisc5

Reaction score
Hi Anna
Sorry to bother you but I cannot log into the backend of my site now (the directadmin bit) so allow me to try and change the PHP or valves you suggested.

Can you help

Regards
Ian

baybisc5

Reaction score
just to add getting the same as some other users.

This site can’t be reached
x13.x10hosting.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

thanks

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like x13 is running normally. Are you able to log in to DirectAdmin now?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Your IP was blocked in the firewall for too many failed login attempts.

I have removed the IP and you should now be able to login properly

baybisc5

Reaction score
Thanks. Everything seems to be working again. Stay safe. We all need helpful people like you lot at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.