Resolved Error establishing a database connection wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

dittox12

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to installing my local wordpress site to x10 free. I get this error, '
Error establishing a database connection' when I try to open the /wordpress/ directory that I have installed my wordpress files into.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi dittox12,

To configure your WordPress installation, you will need to create a MySQL database and MySQL user from the "Databases" section in cPanel. Then, please edit your WordPress wp-config.php file, with your database details. :)

Please see this article for more information:
http://x10hosting.com/support/mysql/create-database

Thank you,

dittox12

Reaction score
Worked I think, except now I get this after a couple minutes of loading. Changed the wp-config to match the database info, but now I get
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 156275432

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Error 503 Backend fetch failed

The error [ Error 503 Backend fetch failed ] - usually indicates that the web server is temporarily under more than normal load - OR your script did not produce a result within about thirty seconds (PHP time-out limit)

dittox12

Reaction score
Ok, thank you for your quick replies. I will see how it goes when I try again tomorrow.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi dittox12,

You are receiving this error message because your "DB_HOST" in wp-config.php needs to be set to localhost. Please could you try changing this value, and let me know whether you still receive the 503 error message? :)

Thank you,

tatarofe

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to installing my local wordpress site to x10 free. I get this error, '
Error establishing a database connection' when I try to open the /wordpress/ directory that I have installed my wordpress files into. i also try editing my wp-config.php to match with the DB_USER and DB_NAME but still it get 'Error establishing a database connection'

Status
Not open for further replies.