Error establishing connection with database

Status
Not open for further replies.

miambien

Reaction score
Hi good day
I have a site with wordpress and I was making changes in my wp-config.php files, made a mistake and put wrong data on it causing an "Error establishing connection to database" message appearing in my site, the trouble comes when I correct my wp-config.php and problem is not solving, even if I delete my wp-config.php and follow the wizard that appears when wp-config.php is missing to configure wordpress and the problem is not solving.
There is a problem with database servers?
I'm on xo3 and my site is pumpmania.ga

Thank you.

Last edited:

jensen

Reaction score
Do you have the correct database details? eg. database name, password?
Can you post the error message?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
There is a problem with database servers?
I'm on xo3...
just did a test on database at my x10hosing's free-hosting server [ xo3 ] - had no issues

Last edited:

miambien

Reaction score
Do you have the correct database details? eg. database name, password?
Can you post the error message?
I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct details, it's something that an admin can verify. Even I uploaded a backup of the file before the changes and don't works.

just did a test on database at my x10hosing's free-hosting server [ xo3 ] - had no issues
You are right, today remembered I have this subdomain: plushe.pumpmania.ga and it works like it should (missing images, site in construction :p) It seems like my wp-config.php is being cached with wrong data and that's why the changes I do don't affect.
Hope an admin can check this please. Thank you.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like the database user specified in /public_html/wp-config.php exists, but the password is incorrect. Please could you try resetting the password for your MySQL user from cPanel, and then update wp-config.php accordingly? You can edit your MySQL users from the "Manage Users" section of the "Databases" section in cPanel.

Thank you,

miambien

Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like the database user specified in /public_html/wp-config.php exists, but the password is incorrect. Please could you try resetting the password for your MySQL user from cPanel, and then update wp-config.php accordingly? You can edit your MySQL users from the "Manage Users" section of the "Databases" section in cPanel.

Thank you,
Yes, it was the problem.
It's strange because yesterday before post my problem here reset the password and make it match with the password in wp-config but was not working. Happily working today. Thank you Dead-i.

jensen

Reaction score
Good to know your site is back online and working. I ran into database problem today while installing DRUPAL 8.0 and yes it was just a simple error - my passwords for the database was incorrect. Little things but it breaks the whole site.

Thanks to excellent support from x10hosting. We can solve the problems and learn together.

Last edited:

miambien

Reaction score
Good to know your site is back online and working. I ran into database problem today while installing DRUPAL 8.0 and yes it was just a simple error - my passwords for the database was incorrect. Little things but it breaks the whole site.

Thanks to excellent support from x10hosting. We can solve the problems and learn together.

Yeah, maybe in my panic because the mistakes I made I put the wrong password although I think I double checked was the correct.

Can I ask you something? could erase that data from my blog, please? as i said it's a site in construction and those data could compromise my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.