Error uploading images - just started after 1 year using service

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixietra

Reaction score
Hi,

I use this service to post a travel blog for family and friends only (so very low access usage). I upload photo's (jpeg - between 2 and 4mb) and include these as part of Wordpress blog posts only.

I've uploaded about 12 today, which I'll create a blog entry in a few days, however the final image rejected as 'file failed to write to disk'. I'm not clear why this has happened and so tried to upload another random image (in case the original file was corrupted) and constantly receive the same error.
I also deleted an unused image and then tried again to upload the new one and continue to receive this error.

Is this a space issue? I read that you will increase space available following at least 7 days use (I have been with you a year or so). If not a space issue, could you please advise what course of action I may need to take to resolve this please.

Many thanks

Allan

dixietra

Reaction score
This seems as if it may be linked as:

In control panel, when I carry out a check database command, all entries are showing as :OK, yet I am given a message to state a database error has been detected.
When I carry out a repair database command, it shows as completed successfully, but I still get the above.
Trying to update one of my plug-ins, I get the following

An error occurred while updating Contact Form 7: Could not copy file. contact-form-7/includes/js/jquery-ui/themes/smoothness/theme.css

Disabling Maintenance mode…

Some of your translations need updating. Sit tight for a few more seconds while we update them as well.

Updating translations for WordPress (en_GB)…
Could not copy file. admin-en_GB.po​

Any advice? I have 2 years worth of posts (with images) of travels and getting these sort of errors create a strong concern over the stability of the database hosting.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a space issue. Since your account is most definitely old enough to qualify and otherwise also meet the requirements for it I have now doubled the available space on your account. This should sort out your current issues.

dixietra

Reaction score
Many thanks Anna, resolved the issue immediately :D

I'll look to reduce the size of the jpegs I upload going forward to sub 1MB rather than the 2 to 4 I have used to date, which should prevent this popping up again soon. Also, the plug-ins have updated as well.

Hopefully nothing to worry about with the database error being reported - the site itself seems to work flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.