exec() disabled for security purposes

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by anichan3, May 11, 2018.

1. anichan3

anichan3 New Member

Hello. I'm currently running NPFchan to act as an imageboard (a forum that does not require signing up, similar to 4chan.org and 8ch.net), and I'm using Containerchan to be able to upload webm and mp4 files alongside images. However, there is a slight problem, Containerchan makes use of the exec() command, which is vital to be able to use ffmpeg.php (a codec to be able to play back .webm and .mp4 files), and it seems that x10hosting disabled exec(). Is there a way around this? Would it be possible to enable it myself? Thanks.

2. lylex10h

lylex10h Active Member

3. anichan3

anichan3 New Member

The script only executes when a user uploads a .webm file, which means that it isn't a continuously running script though. My problem is that I can't get the script to execute at all.

4. lylex10h

lylex10h Active Member

Prohibited Scripts
    Space provided by x10Hosting is to be used to create a functional website, we do not allow bots, content scrapers, or any other script that runs continuously on your account. Any scripts that are executed via cron or manually must be directly related to your website. The below scripts and types of scripts are also prohibited on our free hosting service:
    • Clickbait, 'locker', or 'paywall' scripts without prior approval.
    • URL shortener services.
    • File or image hosting services or scripts.