Facebook deems X10Hosting Community links unsafe

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm also building a social networking website. But it won't be too interesting for everybody. I am making it for those people who are not very fortunate to have friends "offline" (in their real life)
This all violates our right to privacy which the country does not care about. I wish I could establish a group of developers & create our own private haven, cell phones that are smart phones but function like basic phones without all the tracking. A site which you just login under your username not merging all accounts with FB or twitter. Just something plain. A lot of people would flock over to this network as if it were like we released the cure for cancer.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think they have blacklisted the entire domain not just few subdomains

caftpx10

Reaction score
What Chatindia said.
I've found out myself how to detect the actual domain, regardless if the given URL string is a sub-domain. Facebook most likely could be using that method as well.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
AFAIK, the block is based on the Free Hosting servers' IP addresses; 3rd-party domains hosted on Free Hosting servers are also blocked. So are x10Hosting's own server(s); Premium should be okay. The block dates back to when users were allowed to use whatever.x10hosting.com subdomains (and when there was a fairly high overall percentage of abusing accounts and fewer country restrictions) — there was a time when there was a pretty good chance that a free hosting link would be dirty, and the team here has done a lot of work cleaning things up and keeping things clean. How long it may be before FB (and some other sites) consider the servers safe is another question entirely; x10Hosting has done and continues to do its part and has no control over other companies' policies.