Facebook has all x10.mx sites blocked

ryanmm

Reaction score
Apparently Facebook has decided that all x10.mx sites are abusive. I can't post any links to my site on my facebook page.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sure one of the admins will appeal Facebook's decision. Ultimately, the fate of .x10.mx lies in the hands of all of the users who want to create phishing and other malicious sites and it'll end up on the banned list again. It's unfortunate all the legit users get punished for nothing, though.

Thanks for taking the time to report this; I surely wouldn't have ever noticed :D

Kruczyslaw

Reaction score
They need to have a reason for that. Thats proably a wrong or whatever. You should contact admins and explain problem

ryanmm

Reaction score
FB support is almost impossible to reach. There is a "report this is you feel its in error" link that comes up when you try to link to a banned site though. I filled that out. I'm sure if the owners of X10 contacted them it would hold a lot more weight.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Could somebody else try to post an X10 link to their facebook page? If it works you can always just delete the post. Just want to make sure its not just me.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
What link should I try posting?

mail2phil41

Reaction score
Could somebody else try to post an X10 link to their facebook page? If it works you can always just delete the post. Just want to make sure its not just me.
ryanmm, I tried to post my x-10 site to facebook and it wouldn't allow it. So it's not just you.

inadim8956

Reaction score
you can always use a url shorten service ... I`m working on a script for now which I will probably host on another service so x10hosting users can use to post their links on facebook.

And I hope x10hosting admins can help me spread the link among all the x10hosting users.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Facebook has been doing a crackdown on a lot of this. Esp. for phishing reasons. I know they are blocking co.cc as well.

I'm honestly not sure even Administration asking would do anything. It's a safety risk for the users of facebook (imagine Mark saying that.. haha. When did he start caring about safety?) But it still is. Many urls, especially subdomains of sites that don't even technically exist (like x10.bz, x10.mx, etc) are being blocked by facebook, and it's ultimately failed. Because as mentioned in this thread, people can use a link-shortening service to shorten their link (bad or not), and post it wherever they want.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The problem is also that if a user creates a phishing website on a x10.mx subdomain, services such as norton safeweb flag the whole x10.mx domain, regardless of the other websites hosted in the separate subdomains. FB could be treating domains the same.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
you can always use a url shorten service ... I`m working on a script for now which I will probably host on another service so x10hosting users can use to post their links on facebook.

And I hope x10hosting admins can help me spread the link among all the x10hosting users.

The problem with URL Shortening services is that they get blocked too. I don't know if its still blocked, but I remember bit.ly being blocked too. If they find any shortened link to be dangerous, even if its just 1% of them, they would flag the entire domain.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
And I don't blame them for doing so either, given how many facebook phishing pages I'VE seen, let alone all the Zynga ones being linked.

They earned the right to blacklist our domain; we don't have to like it, but they have more than enough reason to :(

nandifamily

Reaction score
my x10 and co.cc links were once banned for no appropriate reason. now i use uni.cc and cz.cc and can post my links on fb.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
my x10 and co.cc links were once banned for no appropriate reason. now i use uni.cc and cz.cc and can post my links on fb.

I didn't mean yours specifically, but based off the amount of abuse they were seeing coming from the domains, they had a valid reason to blanket-ban them all.

It's also why we get blacklisted at email providers- enough folks mark us as spam, we get blacklisted, except FB doesn't give us the option of saying "it's free hosting, we've banned the user responsible" :S