file keeps getting removed

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by spacresx, Sep 12, 2018.

  1. spacresx

    spacresx New Member

    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Hi,
    I have a php webpage counter script that needs another file called
    "GeoLiteCity.dat" to log visitor information.
    the script works fine until the GeoLiteCity.dat file vanishes from my account.
    GeoLiteCity.dat is about 16MB in size, and is required for the counter script.

    Can anyone tell me whats going on and why it keeps vanishing ??
    I do not think its a violation of any terms that i am aware of.
    thanks.
     
  2. Livewire

    Livewire Abuse Compliance Officer Staff Member

    Messages:
    18,163
    Likes Received:
    215
    Trophy Points:
    63
    "File Storage
    Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for. Files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts."

    The last part is the most important in this case; your best option is going to be to find a way to convert the script to work from a MySQL database rather than a flat-file as it is larger than 10mb, and the file will continue to be erased automatically.
     
  3. spacresx

    spacresx New Member

    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    thanks livewire,
    i made a mistake its not a counter script, its a visitor logger script called
    "zt logger" and is depended on that GeoLiteCity.dat file for the information.
    besides not using that script at all, i dont think there is alternate solutions
    to the needed file size as is always being updated by maxmind for the locations.
    unless you or someone else can suggest an alternative way for logging visits.
    (besides having to pay for an account upgrade)
     
  4. spacresx

    spacresx New Member

    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I may have found a way around the issue.
    I found a smaller file (under 2mb) called geoip.dat and renamed it to
    GeoLiteCity.dat and my script seems to still be functioning ok still.
     

Share This Page