Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

caftpx10

Reaction score
The URL looks to be pointing towards "chrome_58.0.3029.83.apk" in terms of the selected file for viewing. Do you have that file being hosted under your account?

techni26

Reaction score
No that's not what I'm asking... On the file manager or cpanel whatever you call it whenever I select a file in the file manager (example index.html) it just takes me to a website to view the code of the actual website URL which would be technicallysmart.x10host.com

techni26

Reaction score
Whenever I click that view button...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170519-072618.png
    Screenshot_20170519-072618.png
    234 KB · Views: 5

caftpx10

Reaction score
Yes.. however, the URL is showing that file name instead of what you said to have selected. I asked to see if it was randomly selecting a different file under your account.

What you're pointing out is normal. It's supposed to be showing the file contents in the viewer.

techni26

Reaction score
Then for example if I make a new file named art.html how I'm I supposed to know the url to it to actually see how it looks like. (not to see the code)

caftpx10

Reaction score
If it's under the "public_html" directory (which is where the website's files would go) and the domain is pointing towards that then whatever is stored starting within that directory would be accessible via exampledomain.x10.mx. So if you create 'art.html' in 'public_html' then you can view it by going to exampledomain.x10.mx/art.html

techni26

Reaction score
Well it makes no sense that the view button doesn't accurately take you to the files url

caftpx10

Reaction score
It's supposed to give a read only view of the file content if you wish to see it in raw but without the editing ability (to avoid accidental edits).
For reasons, cPanel File Manager does not provide a link to part of your site that is hosting the file.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to add to this, the File Manager is programmed by cPanel, not us; you're more than welcome to forward the suggestions to them, but given how widely used cPanel is and that it has operated this way for several years, it would be up to them if they wish to change it or leave it as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.