File uploads are not working!

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by firenite, May 28, 2019.

1. firenite

firenite New Member

Hello,

I am trying to upload a zip file to a directory via cPanel.

The path I am trying to upload this to is /public_html/cart/

The issue appears to be the path in which cPanel's File Manager Upload system is trying to upload the file to - I've noticed that once the file has been "successfully" uploaded, the destination reads C:\fakepath\<filename>.<extension>

I was wondering if a moderator could look into this issue, and if anyone else is having the same problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. pgord5_576

pgord5_576 New Member

I am having the exact same problem. I can not update my website at all. I use cPanel and then Filemanger and if I upload any new file (html or jpg or whatever) using Filemanager, the system goes through the motions of uploading but my file(s) are going to C:\fakepath\filename.extension and are apparently dumped into the x10 trash. The file never really reaches my real directory.

This has been going on for at least one week. I try to upload every day with the same nothing result.

3. Anna

Anna I am just me Staff Member

cPanel uploads through filemanager should now work properly, it does at least with the test account I have

4. pgord5_576

pgord5_576 New Member

Yes, Anna, it is now allowing me to update my website too, after nearly 3 weeks of nothing.

I'm still concerned as to why I and others were locked out of updating our websites. I hope functionality continues for a long time.