FireFox Extensions

n4tec

Reaction score
One thing I love about Firefox is the easy ability to add new functionality with an “extension.” For example, one extension called Forecastfox will add a little three day weather forecast down in your status bar. It looks like this:

forecastfox5mw.png

Below are just a few of the extensions i have installed:-
AJAX Yahoo! Mail (Viamatic Webmail++) 0.3 - Adds AJAX support to the current Yahoo! mail and makes it more usable
CustomizeGoogle 0.38 - Enhance Google search results and remove ads and spam.
fireFTP 0.88.3 - FTP client for Mozilla Firefox.
ListZilla 0.6.9 - Posts list of extensions to a website
MeasureIt 0.3.3 - Draw out a ruler to get the pixel width and height of any elements on a webpage.
NoScript 1.1.3.4 - Extra protection for your Firefox: NoScript allows JavaScript, Java (and other plugins) only for trusted domains of your choice (e.g. your home-banking web site). This whitelist based pre-emptive blocking approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality... Experts will agree: Firefox is really safer with NoScript :)
PDF Download 0.5.1.2 - Allows to choose whether you want to view a PDF file inside the browser (as PDF or HTML) or you want to download it!
ReminderFox 0.5.8.3 - Displays and manages reminders and ToDo's
SearchStatus 1.14 - Display the Google PageRank and Alexa ranking with search-related tools.
SEOpen 0.6 - Provides some basic tools to help with search engine optimization.
SessionSaver .2 0.2.1.028 - Magically restores your last browsing session.
Statusbar Clock 1.7.1 - Display the date and time in your browser's status bar.
[StumbleUpon 2.2 - StumbleUpon Toolbar
Web Developer 0.9.4 - Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.

If you have firefox, what extensions do have installed?

N

Nathan

Digg this!
DOM Inspector
Forecastfox
GooglePagerank Status
IE Tab
Slim Extension List
Talkback
GMail Notifier

Too lazy to get explinations...

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Nice. I have some of these but I am going to get some of the ones that you sujested. Thanks.

two4one

Reaction score
seems you forget about the proxy extension a very good extension to handle proxylists easily....

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
i use customizegoogle (to remove google ads, etc)

gmail manager (checks to see if i have new emails)

forecastfox (weather, and a nice little radar too!)

mouse gestures (instead of clicking back and forward, i rightclick+drag a direction and itll go back or forward!)

image toolbar (just like IE image functions)

fasterfox (improves speed)

and image zoom (self explanatory, you right click on image and scroll up to zoom in, scroll down to zoom out)

humphrey

Reaction score
I also have fasterfox
and i have wikipedia toolbar (is very convenient!)
google toolbar is also on it

M

minievan

I installed a few, Restarted firefox, Yet i cant find them =S
-Evan

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
updating my list..
customizegoogle, gmail manager, forecastfox, mouse gestures, image zoom, and popup alt attribute..

i removed fasterfox, since im not sure it really does work
is there any hard proof that fasterfox improves page loading? i havent noticed ANY changes