firefox vs. ie (not really much competition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsonistx

Reaction score
Firefox has always been my #1. :)
I think it's the easiest to use and not too many useless features.

Josh1billion

Reaction score
IE has CSS problems, especially from IE6 and before. Mostly fixed with IE7, but I still run into some problems from time to time when testing my game with IE7.

Agenator

Reaction score
Again, if I was using IE 6 FF would be a better solution but if I where an average user with IE 7 preinstalled and ready to go, why bother switching if they almost essentially do the same thing. The one thing I hate though is when some self proclaimed Computer Expert comes in and claims "Firfox is so much better than IE you should have fire fox and nothing else" then he promptly delets IE and FF while most of the time the user has no clue what just happened and why the big fuss. I like my computer teacher at school's approach, he installed FF on some, IE on the others. Student can choose wather they want to use IE or FF he understands that for average web activities (surfing/email/games) that they are essentially the same thing.... If you listen to someone called Leo Laporte, who is a highly praised tech journalist, you would hear him say that he thinks that IE and FF are so close security wise that It really doesn't matter. But I leave it up to you, now its just down to a matter of personal preference. Until one pulls way ahead of the other again it will be that way. So this is essentally a dumb thread because neither one is absoluetly better. One excels in other areas but the are generally speaking for the average internet user the same... but thats just my opinion! :p

Agenator

Reaction score
IE crash alot with flashplayer...
and that is BS.... Lol it never crashes with flash for me, probably ur comp or something :p (Sory If I seem too abrasive)

reichiru

Reaction score
Lol, I think I can answer my own question now XD I like FF better, just started using it yesterday, and realized how much better than IE it is. Of course, it was due to some CSS scripting errors that I started, but it's been real useful.

Dazz

Reaction score
Firefox is by far the best, faster, securer and lets face it better in every way. It still crashes sometimes for me but only ever when Im looking at one particular website so I think the problem lies with them LOL. Still use IE6 sometimes but only cos I can't figure out how to get Messenger to open FF instead :biggrin: but that is the ONLY time I use it, for all else it is rubbish. Also tried IE7 a while back and IMO its absolute rubbish, possibly the worst MS product yet and lets face it they release alot of software that deserves that title lol:lol:

btfog

Reaction score
Well I dislike both while i think firefox has better safety while ie has more more.... nothing. Out of the two i like firefox better.

IllusionGames

Reaction score
i like to use firefox better because its easier for use to me and my ie on my comp doesn't work so i don't like it =P

shadowdude1794

Reaction score
Well the reason I think some people still like, or use Internet Explorer and not Fire Fox is because they either don't know that there is an alternative to Internet Explorer, or that they have used it for so long that they are used to it. I personally cannot stand Internet Explorer, and whenever I use library computers, I am dumb founded that they aren't using Fire Fox

jemgames

Reaction score
Definatly firefox. It's saftey, customisation and the fact that it's not made by microsoft are all advantages.

Shadow121

Reaction score
have to agree with one of the better web browsers out. Though IE7 has some nifty features. though FireFox has a lot more add-ons and neat things such as the Web Developer tool bar.

LeOtHeOrIa

Reaction score
From what i heard, Microsoft had a monopoly on Web browsers back in the 90's. They did not allow their OS to run any other web browser other than IE. Since then, they had to let other web browser software into the market and so far; & from what i have seen Firefox is the best out there. Safari for windows does not even come close, and IE7 is basically a failed attempt to mimic Firefox lol.

Last edited:

Afterburn

Reaction score
Actually, I love using both. Each browser has its own pros and cons. Firefox is so much less prone to hackers and adware, while IE is so bad with it, unless you get the updates, which no one really does.

IE is great in security when someone knows how to use it, and is fast with Vista, IE is also compatible with most websites where Firefox sometimes shows half-a** versions of them.

go4the3

Reaction score
Mozilla wins hands down...because of great availability of great add-ons such as ad-block plus! I also love the zotero research bookmark ad-on. I also love FireFox because it is available as a download from Google Ad Sense, which earns me a new crisp one dollar bill. When has I.E. ever offered me a dollar? If anyone wants to download Mozilla Firefox with Google Tool-bar please visit www.bestinthewww.com If you haven't discovered Google ad sense, now is a great time to learn. Also, there is a list of how to set up tab folders for a more organized bookmark structure on the site.

Last edited:

duckyinc

Reaction score
I agree that firefox is better then IE but to be serious more pupils in my school never heard of it. And there already had being so many firefox v IE threads that I'm sick of it..

excid3

Reaction score
Firefox defintiely wins. But if you are a linux user you should defintiely check out Swiftfox. its firefox optimized for specific processors. Very neat. Also Firefox Portable for the win! Go anywhere on those restricted networks...aka school or work! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.