firefox vs. ie (not really much competition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgkprog

Reaction score
opera is faster, cleaner and has really cool UI once u get to know how to use it

agaitu

Banned
Reaction score
I too prefer firefox because of its addons speed and internet explorer has less add ons

conex

Reaction score
I prefer mozilla firefox, is more safe and stable.
When my PC crashes firefox save all sessions and when i restart my computer and run firefox again it shows me all the sites i was when crashed. Its awesome!

spaceforce

Reaction score
To be honest I was an IE fanboy until not that long ago. Then I got IE7 and it kept crashing so I was forced to go elsewhere. Now, I have Firefox and I must admit it is far better than IE, with a cleaner interface, smoother running and better addon system. Go Firefox!

bigmanbfa2

Reaction score
Firefox is a pretty toy. It can be customized to no end and altered to just the right way suited for the user, but security is an issue. Active X is another, oh, and the most pain-in-the-arse part, no 64-bit flash plugins, not that the 32 bit ones were any better for linux. yay, tabbed browsing, who cares... IE7 has it as well, even if it was stolen, it's pretty hard to whine about someone stealing another persons free software idea. People have been doing that for years, MACOS & NeXTstep ring any bells here, well, in that case they just took the ENTIRE thing. But technology adapts and changes to things that are good. yes, firefox had a good idea, but now it has been improved and put in a browser that comes shipped standard on most PC's. I see no harm in that? unless if I'm reading correctly that the firefox open-sourcers are having a problem with free software trade or adaptation? weird huh?

Also webpages made on the most common editors such as frontpage, dreamweaver and such display their tables and alignment much more efficiently in IEx than firefox.

wheener

Reaction score
I use IE7 as it is 100% integrated into vista as vista has it partly loaded in the ram from startup as it is part of the network and sharing centre therefore quicker to load as FF takes longer. It has been said a couple of times but I will say it again the tabs are much easier to access and the interface looks more vista as FF looks like something out of windows 98/200 era, and as far as plugins are concerned there are less for IE but that is because alot of them are built in like flash, WMP and quicktime were all compatable when I first turned IE7 on but firefox required downloads (this would have been hell if I was not a broadband user). The last point I will make is IE7 has a language setting for UK english (therefore spellings like center are changed to the real one which is centre and other annoying american spellings, I am not dissing americans I just think UK spelling is better and more logical).

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
Firefox. Lots and lots of customizations and themes and plug-ins and tabs. [Stoopid school disabled tabs for IE7, what's the point in that??]

raymend2004

Reaction score
I'm trying to convince my friend to switch to FF, but he refuses claiming that FF is slower. what can I do?

panop

Reaction score
Say FF is much faster and can support many more scripts than IE can. FF cannot support ActiveX, but it now has a wider base of JavaScript scripts than even IE does.

Last edited:

laeresh

Reaction score
uhm...

i had IE for always i guess..

but ive been more irritating on it ever since,

its slow, laggy, a magnet for virusses, popups everywhere...

then i found FF
takes lesser space,
DIDNT FREEZE A SINGLE TIME SINCE ( im using it for 6 months now ).
asks for request, fully customize able, adkiller etc..

so if your still retarded and an idiot, go take IE,

if your a person with "some intellectual capability or any other form of sense, you need firefox.

Grz Shys

mattspec

Reaction score
^ ^ VOUCHE! i havent used ie in forever (except on a fresh install to download ff :))

TomyVk

Reaction score
I've used both. IE & FF and i can say that Firefox is better. faster and more secure then IE. Beside this FF has a full load off addons and other stuff. In my opinion FF is way better then IE. :cool:

stillercity

Reaction score
Tell you the truth, I use IE7 full time, and I only use FF to look at websites I created and compare it on IE and FF. I guess I got vista, and I didn't really want to download FF (until I later had to), so I just stuck with IE.

SykaX

Reaction score
I prefer IE7 (meaning not IE6 or below.) Firefox 2 is fine with me, though. Mainly because of the vast amount of add-ons. However, other than that, it just feels sluggish to me...and it kinda makes webpages look messy. IE7, on the other hand, displays webpages smoothly and loads rather fast.

vlucan

Reaction score
Personally i prefer FireFox for one great reason "personal opinion", that is its not a MS another software full of bugs and need patches almost like the fake PoP OS they try to sell to us. moreover, MS is and still going to collect information about you and your computer data weather you like it or not. and regarding the security issue, come on please if you can see it, then its fake, destructible and yet a threat to you.
The improvement of IE7 over FF is simply by displaying some stuff related to asp.NET function that are some how the monopoly of MS more than that i guess there is nothing more.
Sorry for being offending, still this was a glimpse of what i Think.

deeprsoc

Reaction score
I use Firefox as my main browser and have done for ages. For web design I still use FF for testing but use an IE rendering engine within FF to test IE compatibility.
I have also recently started using Opera and it is also great i.e better ActiveX compatibility when required than FF.
I have a lot of add-ons for FF and once in a while a new add-on will clash which is annoying.
Overall I have had experiences with a lot of browsers form Netscape to Konqueror and other KDE as well as Gnome based browsers and still think Firefox is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.