Flash Website Help

lamers_

Reaction score
So i'm having a little bit of trouble on the sole fact that my website just won't load sometimes.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the x10hosting server, but most of the time i find myself spamming F5 to get it it load.

If you want to know what i mean try going to www.thatslame.exofire.net/home.

Could it just be my flash caz i dunno :[.
Edit:
also i keep getting the "Connection has been reset" error...
Also i don't know if this matters but even on a non full website flash page it still won't load :[
www.thatslame.exofire.net

Last edited:

marshian

Reaction score
x10 is currently moving some servers, it maybe that your account is hosted on an affected server, which can increase the load time for your site. Check this here: http://status.x10hosting.com/

= Warning: rants below =
Your site appears to load fine for me though, but it doesn't exactly work very well. Why create a site entirely in flash? Many people will find the "additional effects" (for example the flying stars and music) plain annoying. Add to that that the flash plug-in is even on Windows not exactly very stable. I'm using Linux and the performance and stability are well below the level of any other piece of software I use. And I use a lot of pre-releases.
In short, if I'd happen come on your site I'd try to get out of it asap, preferably before my browser freezes up.

Why not a site in regular html? You can embed music with the object tag and if you would want annoying stars to fly around on your screen you can do that with Javascript. And this would increase performance and the number of platforms your site can be used on dramatically.

Last edited:

lamers_

Reaction score
Alright thanks for you're advice. And although you say it loads fine for you it doesn't for me o.o... huh... And about the ranting yea i was just pretty much going "trigger happy" with the effects in flash, which resulted in all of that mess. ill probably change it later.

Thanks anyways, and ill be patient and hope that the server fixes itself.

tartou2

Banned
Reaction score
It looks fine for me. The page loaded normally and there was no errors

Probably there is something wrong in your machine

espfutbol98

Reaction score
How can you have Korean music on your site without MC Sniper and Outsider? haha