for anyone having problems with fantastico related software (eg gallery, 4photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonWarrior

Reaction score
i found a much easier way around it all that also saves space on your discs
googles Picasa2
1) it scans your computer and puts all the photos in order of how old they are and you basically grab the photos you want, and add them to a "new album"
2) fill the album with whatever photos you want to host and call it somthing youll remember and genuine, "hosting1" is fine because its genuine (this isnt nessacery its just a suggestion)
3) once you have the album, right click it and select the bottom answer about html pages, this will open up a wizard, follow it through and select the theme you want, make sure you save it somewhere youll remember and can access easily! your FTP folder is a good idea
4)i have all my picasa gallerys separated into their own folders but you have whatever layout you like, but you then need to upload all the files (this make take some time depending on the amount of pics, connection speed, ect) and you need to link your site to the index.html page, DONT RENAME IT, just make sure it isnt in the public_html folder, thats the file that displays all the photos, link to it and your gallery is online!

you can also change things on the page if you open the xhtml files in a word pad (if you know html) or in dreamweaver where you can edit it straight ofrom the design

Status
Not open for further replies.