forum config help please?

dipeshsilwal1

Reaction score
hey i have download phpbb forum and there is a file called config.php which is 0kb. i tried to upload it into my domain but says the file is deleted becasue it was 0kb.

How do i make the file into 1kb or 2kb.

what do i have to do for that file?

what does the file do in forum?

please help me???????

n4tec

Reaction score
that is weird!! i have some files that are 0kb... why haven't you used the Fantastico? i think it is easier and saves time...

*4*

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I didn`t have to do anything to any config file when I was using phpbb so that is a bit wierd. Maybe you got a corrupt download of it or something. I would try the one in fantastico like nforchange has said it is easier and alot faster. :)

n4tec

Reaction score
Did you try to upload the config file separately or with the phpBB? If separately why and if not you should have no problem with it I think...

Best thing do it either too do what i said above or go to either Bullentin board in the Cpanel or Scripts library which is still in the Cpanel then look or go to phpBB...

*4*

prateekkalra

Reaction score
start ur setup of phpbb Then give the details to the file Then it show u2 options chose ill put file manuly It will contain all details of ur mysql Just put it where u put the script and remove install folder and ur done

Maurice

Reaction score
bigguy said:
I didn`t have to do anything to any config file when I was using phpbb so that is a bit wierd. Maybe you got a corrupt download of it or something. I would try the one in fantastico like nforchange has said it is easier and alot faster. :)

Wrong!

What FTP client you use? Since ftp clients can skip the files because they are 0kb (Look at FlashFXP), try to see if you can change that in the options.

dsfreak

Reaction score
Well, either use fantastico, or maybe put a few other non-needed files (non-phpBB) along with the config.php in a zip file, the unzip it with cpanel and move files accordingly

deaddevil

Reaction score
do the installation in steps
1> Upload the phpbb files (zip file)
2>unzip it online
3>You will get a folder named phpbb2
4>follow the link to your install.php
5>Run the install.php file
6>you will get an auto-installation form,fill it correctly.
7>you will be asked if you wanna download the config.php file or automatically install it.
8>downloading the file is recommended
9>upload it and overwrite the original config file.
10>make sure while uploading you have marked the check box for overwriting!
11>that's it folk's!

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
ademonicbaby said:
bigguy said:

Wrong!

What FTP client you use? Since ftp clients can skip the files because they are 0kb (Look at FlashFXP), try to see if you can change that in the options.

What do you mean "Wrong!" Just thought I`d ask.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
lol, he isn't wrong at anything.

Edit: Ok, i re-read what you said at the beginning and i think you should just upload the folder for phpbb, (pretend we are using the default phpbb folder, phpBB). After you upload all of it go into the cpanel file manager and upload it into the phpbb root file (if your still pretending with me, it would be in the root file, phpBB) on your site. That should give you the config.php in the right place and you can just goto yoursite/install/install.php and it will write to the config.php

That should work :happy:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
yah, did it work? cuz there are other ways to do it.

dipeshsilwal1

Reaction score
thankx for ur help guys but i have already got a update version of forum so....... i don't need to worry about tht anymore.
thankx i really appreciate it.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
lol, of phpbb... it should be the same thing for any version of phpbb