Forum Posts Missing?

darkX3536

Reaction score
Hi, it's been a while since I last posted here and I cannot find (using the Search function) any of my previous posts here.

A quick check ruled out any recent "forum wipes" so may I know what should I do to find my posts? Gotta need to refer to them...

Thanks!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's likely that search is now limited to only go so far back after the vbulletin update; that might've been intentional, might've also been accidental. I do know there were some major issues with search altogether right after the update - at least it does search now, instead of throwing a 500 ISE :)

henk506673

Reaction score
i am not possative but what fourms were you posting to, your post count will not go up for certant fourms and also, v bullitan has recently been having issues, notice that there is no games or rewards links in the top menu.

darkX3536

Reaction score
I think it's likely that search is now limited to only go so far back after the vbulletin update; that might've been intentional, might've also been accidental. I do know there were some major issues with search altogether right after the update - at least it does search now, instead of throwing a 500 ISE :)

Are you referring to this issue?

i am not possative but what fourms were you posting to, your post count will not go up for certant fourms and also, v bullitan has recently been having issues, notice that there is no games or rewards links in the top menu.

I am talking about the entire x10 forums...

henk506673

Reaction score
did you check in your profile to see if any of your posts are still there? the search function does not work well for what you want to do.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
did you check in your profile to see if any of your posts are still there? the search function does not work well for what you want to do.

DO a search by username. The earliest of yours that shows up is yesterday; The earliest of mine that I can see is november in a locked topic in a section of the forum that's blocked to others.

For me, that last one is the awesome one - it found the original post but not the 4 bumps I've done to it :p

@darkX: That's one of the issues yes, there were more than one sadly.

darkX3536

Reaction score
DO a search by username. The earliest of yours that shows up is yesterday; The earliest of mine that I can see is november in a locked topic in a section of the forum that's blocked to others.

For me, that last one is the awesome one - it found the original post but not the 4 bumps I've done to it :p

@darkX: That's one of the issues yes, there were more than one sadly.

Hmm... Looks like I got to bear with it for now, right?

henk506673

Reaction score
probably, unless you get in contact with an admin, you will know who they are by the red names

FrozenTime

Reaction score
I kinda prefer it this way. Or at least how I think it works, that you can't search for really old posts since I tend to regret posting certain things when I look back on them :shifty:
Well, I guess you should be able to find your own posts, and others might need to search for things that might be helpful at the same time.

henk506673

Reaction score
I kinda prefer it this way. Or at least how I think it works, that you can't search for really old posts since I tend to regret posting certain things when I look back on them :shifty:
Well, I guess you should be able to find your own posts, and others might need to search for things that might be helpful at the same time.

please do not hijack someone elses post unless you are complaining that you are having the same problem.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

it looks as if i was wrong, if you go to transactions in the top menu it will show you all of your credit earnings, from there, just select the forum post you want and you will be all set

darkX3536

Reaction score
probably, unless you get in contact with an admin, you will know who they are by the red names

I guess I will wait...

Same problem at your side?

it looks as if i was wrong, if you go to transactions in the top menu it will show you all of your credit earnings, from there, just select the forum post you want and you will be all set

Nice workaround, did'nt think of that... Only caveat is that it will show you posts that are affected by the credits system.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
It was more than likely lost during the transition of the server-switch/update.

longbich

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was just me.
I was trying to get to the top on one of the games. But then it disappeared?:confused:

henk506673

Reaction score
Nice workaround, did'nt think of that... Only caveat is that it will show you posts that are affected by the credits system.
most posts are credited therefore you might find it there

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

I was trying to get to the top on one of the games. But then it disappeared?:confused:

no it is not just you everyone is having those problems, but use the work around above to bypass those problems

Last edited:

darkX3536

Reaction score
It was more than likely lost during the transition of the server-switch/update.

Doubt that; I still can see posts made in 2008 if you went to the last few pages of the forums (like 80+?)

Forum games you mean?

most posts are credited therefore you might find it there

no it is not just you everyone is having those problems, but use the work around above to bypass those problems

1. Yep, but if I want to refer to those beyond that then that's a no go.
2. Looks like that's the only way for now... Thanks for the workaround! ^_^

henk506673

Reaction score
Doubt that; I still can see posts made in 2008 if you went to the last few pages of the forums (like 80+?)

Forum games you mean?

1. Yep, but if I want to refer to those beyond that then that's a no go.
2. Looks like that's the only way for now... Thanks for the workaround! ^_^

you are welcome please add to my rep