free SMF templates needed..

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Dose anyone know a site were they have SMF templates?

Album

Reaction score
you can also learn to customize the default template to make your own here:
http://patrick.hardcorecoders.net/tutorials/

By the way, does anyone know how to change the index template on SMF?
I know how to change the style and colors, but I cant figure out a way to change the index template without getting an error message...

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Lol, Well I'm new to SMF I like it but my first time trying to change the theme I messed up I guess and now my board is gone and I have to start over.

All I have to do is upload the theme package into my "themes" folder in my SMF folder and then pick the skin in admin panel right?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
go into the admin cp in there under themes is an uupload button, browse for your theme on your desktop and then press upload, it will install the theme for you. All you have to do is change it from default theme to what you want.

What do you mean change the "index.template.php" Album.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bigguy said:
go into the admin cp in there under themes is an uupload button, browse for your theme on your desktop and then press upload, it will install the theme for you. All you have to do is change it from default theme to what you want.

But don't I need to upload everything thats in the folder not just one file?

Or do I only upload 1 file?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
When I do it I download the theme from simplemachines and upload the entire gzip or zip file I got from simplemachines through the admincp. smf 1.0.5 is a bit different than 1.1rc1 I`m nopt sure which you are installing but all the options are still there.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
bigguy said:
When I do it I download the theme from simplemachines and upload the entire gzip or zip file I got from simplemachines through the admincp. smf 1.0.5 is a bit different than 1.1rc1 I`m nopt sure which you are installing but all the options are still there.
Oh, you just upload the hole zip file, Meh I'll try it.

Wow.. Lol that was easy. Yup it worked that way thanks again for the help bigguy. :)

Last edited:

Album

Reaction score
bigguy said:

If you go into the admin cpanel, and then go into templates and try to edit part of it, you can choose the "Style, c.s.s." or stuff like that, or you can edit the "index.template" which i think is basically the organization of the template...