Free VPN Service Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We have launched the beta of our new free VPN service. It is currently open to sign ups with a free upgrade to our premium VPN service during beta. Premium features include unlimited transfer and no caps on speed. A web connect client will also be coming soon making connecting to the VPN even easier.

Currently we support PPTP by default which takes 2-3 minutes to setup following our instructions on most systems.

Start surfing securely and encrypt your traffic today using our new free VPN service.

You can signup for an account here: https://x10vpn.com/

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Spoiler alert:

X10ISP - Coming 10/2013

Why not? X10 does everything else :p

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for x10MC Survival, x10MC Creative, x10MC Tekkit, x10MC Hack/Mine, x10MC Spleef, x10MC Survival Games, and all the other x10MC * :p

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for x10MC Survival, x10MC Creative, x10MC Tekkit, x10MC Hack/Mine, x10MC Spleef, x10MC Survival Games, and all the other x10MC * :p

I think if we have any MC type games it will be StarForge

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Storing/Sending the password to email in cleartext is not a good idea.

Definitely. X10 doesn't do this for any of it's other services, so this may just be a part of the beta until a more robust system is implemented.

Last edited:

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score

Donate enough $$$ and I'll buy all the servers to set em up? XD

Oh wait, hack/mine doesn't work... DEAD-I!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
God, I'm GtoXic's slave even in the forums...

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I mean - yes sir, what has broken today?

meo4vnn

Reaction score
We have launched the beta of our new free VPN service. It is currently open to sign ups with a free upgrade to our premium VPN service during beta. Premium features include unlimited transfer and no caps on speed. A web connect client will also be coming soon making connecting to the VPN even easier.

Currently we support PPTP by default which takes 2-3 minutes to setup following our instructions on most systems.

Start surfing securely and encrypt your traffic today using our new free VPN service.

You can signup for an account here: https://x10vpn.com/
good, thanks :tongue:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Definitely. X10 doesn't do this for any of it's other services, so this may just be a part of the beta until a more robust system is implemented.

x10premium, x10vps, etc all send passwords via email as do many other (extremely large) services on the internet. It's hashed and stored in a database on our side of things so it's not going to be a security issue on our side. If someone gets into your emails or you don't use SSL with your email provider you might have a tiny tiny reason to worry however you can change your password by logging into your account if you feel so inclined to do so.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
x10premium, x10vps, etc all send passwords via email as do many other (extremely large) services on the internet. It's hashed and stored in a database on our side of things so it's not going to be a security issue on our side. If someone gets into your emails or you don't use SSL with your email provider you might have a tiny tiny reason to worry however you can change your password by logging into your account if you feel so inclined to do so.

Oh, sorry. I don't remember that happening. I thought X10 assigned random passwords and made you change on login :(

Status
Not open for further replies.