FTP Down, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhashmi

Reaction score
It has been 12 hours or more now that my FTP doesn't work! but on server alerts it says that it is Online. What I do? and at this time my ste is also not opening, server down

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
What method are you using to access FTP? Through an FTP client or just through your internet browser directly?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
What FTP client are you using? I'm using FireFTP with FireFox and I'm able to access my cpanel through FTP just fine..

TarinC

Reaction score
ftp isnt down, it is most likely how u are logging in. try another ftp program, there are several free ones. double check u have the login credentials correct.

mhashmi

Reaction score
but my site is also not opening, browser says "Server not found"

TarinC

Reaction score
mhashmi said:
but my site is also not opening, browser says "Server not found"
your problem is a lot bigger then just ftp problems. what is your account username, some one on staff shuld help u out.

mhashmi

Reaction score
my user account is mhashmi. site is mhashmi.com

I went to my acount overview and I click on cPanel Login (with the ip address) it works. I mean mhashmi.com:2082 is not working but the 56.78.53.54 (just example) is working. and ftp.mhashmi.com is not working but when i log in with ip address, it's working. I don't know whats the problem. www.mhashmi.com is not working

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Your site seems to load fine for me. I checked under FireFox and I.E. ...

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Hm this is odd. This has been happening to several users for the past few days, where they are unable to view their websites, yet everyone else can see it. It happened to me too but it only lasted for a couple hours.. I think this may be ISP related or something with propagating files.. not sure

I'll ask Corey about it when he gets online.. I believe one solution is ipconfig /flushdns

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I am very certain that this is an issue on your end, but there may be a remote possibility something is wrong with the server (highly doubt it though)

mhashmi

Reaction score
but i use the best ftp software, IPswitch, it never create prb even on x10hosting until now. and as i said when i log with an ip address of my site, it works but not working by ftp.mhashmi.com nor the site is opening

mhashmi

Reaction score
the probem was solved early and the site was opening fine but the problem is up again. The site is not opening, it says Server Down. Ahh :(

yahia

Reaction score
I see people write : "It is loading fine for us, so it might be a problem at your end."
/ "Loads fine for me."

I have the same problem too, and I'm totally ruined by that. For five minutes, my website worked, and all the html/php pages => NOT the CPanel, nor the FTP

And it happened first after x10 had the server change.

This is an X10Hosting problem: how can my computer tell that there is no server while accessing /cpanel, and showing correctly the website to anyone, not to myself even?
I tried another computer that shares the same Internet connexion through LAN: same problem.

Please help us, admins, this is very urgent

SocomSquad

Reaction score
It has to be something involving the dns system the server uses and how it transferes to cache systems with some ISPs. Is the server using the latest version of BIND?

Status
Not open for further replies.