FTP down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghardin

Reaction score
Is FTP down on x10host.com? All I get in Filezilla is "Connection established, waiting for welcome message..." and nothing happens. Eventually, I gt "Could not connect to server"
FTP is setup correctly per cpanel instructions. This has been working fine until this afternoon.

ghardin

Reaction score
Yep. been using ftp here for a number of years. always setup the same way. but now it is not working properly. Have had this issue for several days. Need staff to check it out. if X05 is malfunctioning, then I need to be moved to a different server please.

lylex10h

Reaction score
I am able to establish an FTP connection to xo5.x10hosting.com and receive a User prompt. I don't have an account on that server so can't troubleshoot beyond that. What is the exact issue you are having?
Code:
C:\Users\Admin>ftp xo5.x10hosting.com
Connected to xo5.x10hosting.com.
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 6 of 50 allowed.
220-Local time is now 18:36. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 5 minutes of inactivity.
200 OK, UTF-8 enabled
User (xo5.x10hosting.com:(none)):

ghardin

Reaction score
it is kind of intermittent. When it happens, Filezilla stops at "Connection established, waiting for welcome message..." and nothing happens after that. Eventually it will time out and just say "Could not connect to server". I can't tell you more than that. I am able to connect right now, but who knows about later. I am not saying that this is an x10 problem. I have had some speed issues with my ISP that they are trying to track down and that could have something to do with this. I am just looking to eliminate any possible problems so that I can give the techs more information as they troubleshoot.

ghardin

Reaction score
Update. now only a short time (20 minutes) after that last post, I tried to upload a file via FTP and it is stuck again. This is what Filezilla shows:
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message..
Then after a few minutes(not timing it) -"Status: Initializing TLS..."
and nothing.

Last edited:

ghardin

Reaction score
Now, if I go to the site IP, 198.91.81.6, I get an error page that says:
SORRY!
If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: webmaster@198.91.81.6

It is possible you have reached this page because:

• IP_changed.png

The IP address has changed.
    The IP address for this domain may have changed recently. Check your DNS settings to verify that the domain is set up correctly. It may take 8-24 hours for DNS changes to propagate. It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.
  • server_misconfigured.png

There has been a server misconfiguration.
    You must verify that your hosting provider has the correct IP address configured for your Apache settings and DNS records. A restart of Apache may be required for new settings to take affect.

• server_moved.png

The site may have moved to a different server.
    The URL for this domain may have changed or the hosting provider may have moved the account to a different server.
BUT, if i use the site domain name, I get there just fine. It seems to me that there is some sort of problem with the DNS records or a server issue of some sort. This is why some staff needs to get involved.

lylex10h

Reaction score
I was able to connect to xo5.x10hosting.com using FileZilla. I don't have account so cannot log in:
Code:
Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command:    USER test
Response:    331 User test OK. Password required
Command:    PASS
Response:    530 Login authentication failed

http://198.91.81.6 is displaying that because it's the Default Web Page. I know this because it redirects to http://198.91.81.6/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi
The same thing happens if you go to the IP another server such as http://198.91.81.8 (IP of xo7.x10hosting.com)

Edit: It's called a shared IP address.

ghardin

Reaction score
There is still a problem, whether or not YOU can connect or not. Right now at this instant, Filezilla shows this:
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

and has done nothing for the past several minutes. Regardless if it is a shared IP (and I have been doing this for several years), I should NOT have this issue, PERIOD! I have a site on x10 premium and have the same problem.
I work on a site located on another host and DO NOT have the issue. So I think that shows that the problem is not with my connection, my ISP or my speeds. I think that pretty much firmly puts the problem on X10. So, it am asking that someone from support please address the problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.