FTP problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakevdvf48

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been looking through the forum and FAQ's, can't find quite what I'm looking for so I thought I would message here.

I just switched my hosting to you guys last night and have updated my nameservers over at godaddy to match yours (copied and pasted then checked and double checked they match). I only did this last night so it was less than 12 hours ago, I understand that this can take up to 72 hours to take effect.

What seems strange to me is that I can't access the FTP accounts. I have tried manually entering the info into Cyberduck and also downloading the config file for the account but cyberduck can't resolve the FTP account (Connection failed) . I used the filemanager on cPanel and uploaded a few files and that all worked out but when I log into x10hosting and go to my account it says that there is 0mb used on the hosting account.

My website is www.jakevdvf.com and cPanel username is jakevdvf if that helps at all.
Sorry if I am asking something really obvious or if it is simply a matter of waiting longer till it all will start working, I'm traveling currently and for the next few months so I can't be online all the time and don't know when I will get online next.

If you have any ideas as to what could be causing my problem I would love to hear them.

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate the service you are offering and the forum is really awesome, lots of good info from what I read briefly.

Jake

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What address are you using as host for ftp? If your domain isn't propagated, that won't work as host, it would point to the old server still.

You can try using stoli.x10hosting.com as ftp host, that is the address for your server.

I see your diskspace usage as being just a little over 20 mb (in cPanel), guess there was a small delay in updating that information.

jakevdvf48

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the reply, I tried what you suggested with the different nameserver and it is all working.

Now I just need to get uploading, luckily I found a net Cafe in Almaty with really fast net so it shouldn't take long.

Thanks again for the help

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.