"FTP: Unable to make a connection. Please try again."

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard.9979

Reaction score
Hi, whenever I try to connect to my FTP account, FireFTP (Firefox) says, "Unable to make a connection. Please try again." I've double checked that the account details are correct. Is this being caused due to site maintenance?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

I'd also like to add that I can connect via Cpanel's file manager, but not FireFTP or FileZilla.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If you feel comfortable, could you list the settings you are using to connect through ftp (password is not needed)?

richard.9979

Reaction score
If you feel comfortable, could you list the settings you are using to connect through ftp (password is not needed)?
I'm not using SFTP if that's what you're asking about.

After using my previously main domain, teknicallyspeaking.co.cc, I was able to connect to the FTP server.

But that creates a new question; where's my blogged.co.cc (currently main domain) folder??? It should be under /home/mrrichar/public_html, right?

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
public_html is the root folder for your main domain. You should be able to connect to it using blogged.co.cc as the ftp address or server, and your cPanel username and password for those details.

It looks as if technicallyspeaking.co.cc is an addon domain on your account. That's why you were able to connect to that through ftp.

richard.9979

Reaction score
To clarify, public_html is the main domain's root folder, right?

Also, I'm having doubts that the main domain (provided by x10hosting) doesn't exist on my account because it doesn't appear under "Addon Domains" or "Subdomains" in Cpanel.

However, there is a subdomain called mrrichar.blogged.co.cc which I never created. It says that I can't delete it because I have to first delete the addon domain, teknicallyspeaking.co.cc . As you may see, I'm completely confused.

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your main domain should show up at the top of the cPanel sidebar under Domain Name. Your main domain is currently set to blogged.co.cc, not a subdomain by x10hosting.

Yes public_html is the root of your main domain.

Addon domains are located in a subfolder of public_html.

Addon domains create a corresponding subdomain. What did you choose for Subdomain/Ftp Username when you added the addon domain. If its mrrichar, this might explain the subdomain.

Last edited:

richard.9979

Reaction score
Your main domain should show up at the top of the cPanel sidebar under Domain Name. Your main domain is currently set to blogged.co.cc, not a subdomain by x10hosting.

Yes public_html is the root of your main domain.

Addon domains are located in a subfolder of public_html.

Addon domains create a corresponding subdomain. What did you choose for Subdomain/Ftp Username when you added the addon domain. If its mrrichar, this might explain the subdomain.

Yes, I use mrrichar for both domains. Here are a few screenshots of my Cpanel: http://www.teknicallyspeaking.co.cc/wp-content/uploads/Screenshot-1.png

Here's another curve ball. There is now a blogged.co.cc folder under public_html while blogged.co.cc is still listed as my main domain. :confused:

I decided to create two new copies of Wordpress under the public_html and blogged.co.cc folders. Neither folders worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.