Resolved Getting "Domain does not exist" error after cPanel update

mixmeals

Reaction score
Hi there,

Since the cpanel update, I've been getting a "domain does not exist" error on my x10hosting subdomain. My main domain also gets an error, "Page is not working".

Was there something I should have done after the cpanel update?

Thanks!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Is this your primary domain or an addon domain? You should be able to delete it and add it again if it shows up in DirectAdmin.

mixmeals

Reaction score
Hi Garrett,

Thank you, I tried deleting the domain and pointer and recreating them, and this seems to have fixed the issue.

However, I see now that the Wordpress install I previously was running has been wiped away. Is it possible to access a backup of the site + database?

Thank you kindly!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry I didn't point it out specifically, but when it asks to delete the files for this domain, you have to uncheck the box or else it deletes them. I can see if a restoration is possible, but even if it is, it would be from March.

mixmeals

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt response Garrett, oops, I should have noticed that checkbox.

If it's possible to dredge up a restoration, even if it were from March, that would be wonderful.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Technically the backup Garret is referring to is from December last year, and is actually a backup made of your account on the old server before they were taken offline, thus being the state your account was in just as it was migrated over to DirectAdmin.

The backup is meant to restore the account in case of failure (includes emails, databases, files, settings etc), extracting specific files/folders is not as easy a task. Easiest way to use that backup is to wipe the account and restore from the backup which would reset everything to the way they were when your account was migrated in December/January.

That being said, your database should not have been removed when you removed the domain, only files should be affected, so you can probably get it working, minus uploaded contents, by simply grabbing the install package from wordpress.org, and instead of going through the installation process simply edit the wp-config.php to match your database information.