Getting myself a webpage...

rockraider

Reaction score
Ok...so I've got a forum down...took long enough...anyways...

Apperantly I have to replace the default index page with something else. This would the actual 'website', and would have a link to the forum. Here is my problem. I have no clue how to make a webpage. Is there anyone here that could help me?

Ragnarok

Reaction score
use a program like Microsoft Office FrontPage 2002(?) if you dont have any html experiences, or Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007 or any other WYSIWYG program. I think its spelled WYSIWYG.

ivatanako

Reaction score
Then if you dont have any experience on HTML, use templates. Buy your self a dreamweaver, or download templates on the web. And try reading html tutorials, that should help you out.

arsonistx

Reaction score
I would suggest learning XHTML and CSS to begin your website. You can find full tutorials at http://w3schools.com. Also, for your first web page, I would suggest downloading a pre-made template. There are some great free templates at http://zymic.com

Hope this is helpful! :)

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
CMS are also a choice if you want to create an easy website...you just need to supply the content in there, they do all the formatting

shanes

Reaction score
If you have no HTML experience at all it shall be real hard for you to make a site , Your best chance is using an web editor such as Frontpage or dreamweaver.

If you'd like to manually edit your front page with bits and bobs you've learnt open up the legacy file manager click the index.html edit it with the code editor and remove all the HTML there and type your own custom one instead.
The page you want to be displayed when they visit your domain (whatever.x10host.com) will be the index.html page , it will automatically display that page so make sure the file you want displayed is called that.

Bahh I've had my acc for a month or two and I haven't bothered editing my homepage :dunno:

If you need any help with custom codes i'm sure if you post people will help.
Also a little advice for you is to use Iframes on your site so it's easier for you to edit it.

Last edited:

rockraider

Reaction score
rockraiderontheweb.jpg

It's not much...it isn't that spectacular...but it's a start...:|

naim4u

Reaction score
hi i knew abt webdesigning and :
i request u to sign my forum (persolly used)...
and know abt webdesigning.

firstly go to : www.naimonline.net.ms ,then click on the (my message board- abt webdesign) .you could really know html,php,web templates etc.

Limvot

Reaction score
If you have fire fox get the spiderzilla plug in and use it to mirror some small sites to see how it works. try it on mine, http://limvot.x10hosting.com/
I use forms, so it might be a little confusing... The form is called main, and main-main is the main page in the form ect.

EDIT: that is good for a start man.

Last edited:

rockraider

Reaction score
I've got one other question. How do I replace index.html with the webpage I made?

Last edited:

shanes

Reaction score
You're new page you made has to be called index.html , Use the legacy file manager go to upload files, click browse and find your page you made (make sure it's saved as index.html) and then at the bottom of the uploader above the uplaod button select the box that says Overwrite existing files:
I've got one other question. How do I replace index.html with the webpage I made?