Great service but forum navigation needs improvement...

littlegiant

Reaction score
This seems like a great service. I'm happy with the features, the setup was glitch free and you deliver everything you say you will deliver, so I give you 5 stars in this department.

However (hope you guys can take a little construction criticism), I find the navigation of this forum confusing and time-consuming. As an example, I just spent 15 minutes searching around for the Terms of Service (I've read it before, I just simply wanted to review it). I finally found a link to the TOS buried in a thread about Advertisement codes. I had to follow this path to get to it:

x10Hosting Forums > x10Hosting > News and Announcements > Useful Posts > Advertisement Codes

It seems to me something as vastly important as the X10HOSTING Terms of Service should be a link prominently displayed in the navigation bar running across the top of the page (along with USER CP, FAQ, MEMBERS, etc.). Also the breadcrumb trail should be put in bold (like the example above and maybe a bigger font. I keep getting lost in this forum. It seems to me that some pages on this site don't even have a link to the main forum page.

Also where can I get information on the x10hosting points system? I haven't the faintest idea what's going on with that.

That's it.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Conor

Reaction score
I agree somewhat. A little looking isnt bad. But I think the main thing is when you visit x10hosting.com on the portal page theres no link to the forum index.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
SO do I also agree...There servce is great but they nead to make there forum navigation better...like a quick links

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
I have no problems with the navigation. When I visit, I immediately click on the "New Posts" link to see what's been happening since I left. I haven't posted many threads, but for the ones I have, I find the hierarchy of the forum to be easy to understand.

littlegiant

Reaction score
Conor said:
I agree somewhat. A little looking isnt bad. But I think the main thing is when you visit x10hosting.com on the portal page theres no link to the forum index.

That's right. The x10Hosting Forums link at the bottom of the x10hosting.com home page essentially just reloads the home page. After logging in, the home page is merely reloaded (you may be logged in but you still have no direct access to the forum index.)

In order to summon up a link to the forum index, one is obliged to click on the FAQ link in the navigation bar running across the top. Now finally one has a link to the forum index (albeit a tiny one which starts off the bread crumb trail: x10Hosting Forums >> FAQ). This is the only way I can see that one can get to the x10Hosting Forums from the x10Hosting home page. And this is all contingent on whether the person even thinks of clicking on the FAQ link as a means to get to the forums.

Something should be definitely done about this.

littlegiant

Reaction score
The_Magistrate said:
I have no problems with the navigation. When I visit, I immediately click on the "New Posts" link to see what's been happening since I left. I haven't posted many threads, but for the ones I have, I find the hierarchy of the forum to be easy to understand.

Either way, you're still at least two clicks away from the forum index after logging in.

littlegiant

Reaction score
I just realized that the x10Hosting logo in the banner running across the top is a link to the forum index. This is highly unusual since site logos are typically hyperlinks to the home page. I never would have thought of this and I see that others haven't either.

NewFuture

Reaction score
ye navigation needs improving, a link to forum index on homepage would be gud

coinoperated_kid

Reaction score
I'm fine with the set up because I've been here a while, but something that has changed is the points system, I think it's being upgraded. The only thing is I hope I don't lose the points I had in the bank.

Later Days. :p

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yes It has been upgraded and the bank I think has been deleated and reinstalled.... also yes I have gotten used to this but they can make it better...

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I realised something too fellow forum members,

the shop, acarade, the different X10 plans is quite hard to search out, same for the advertisment code too.

I hope there's a section where they put what our future newbies comes into x10hosting and insearch and compare their thoughts between the lifelesspeople and what x10hosting have.

They will smashed their head against the wall if they see x10hosting just require a 234 by 60 ad banner for x10advanced which is more than enough for them to laugh around with. What good offer and services x10hosting is giving is totally different from lifelesspeople.

Thanks X10hosting for this supreme superior excellent services and webhosting I more than contented, btw I bringing in more people to join our x10hosting forum family.

Lets aim for 4,000 members

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Does nobody use the jump box at the bottom of the page ? That should get you were you want to go. I think the the layout is good but somethings are hard to find, but with so many people running around here with links to this and that in there sigs its hard not to get to were you want to go. Thats just my opinion thought thats all. :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what we can do :)

-Corey

n4tec

Reaction score
I think what is need is a button to the forum next to UserCP... And I am just wondering whether the Quick Link button can be modified to have links to ads, plans , applying for hosting...

n4tec

Reaction score
just noticed that Apply and shop have been added to the menu... That is great...

oab

Reaction score
yea i wos wondering if i was the only one that manualy typed in /index.php... lol

n4tec

Reaction score
I always access the forum via a bookmark which is under a folder called forums why not try that?