Status
Not open for further replies.

Vietkid58

Reaction score
yea, i'll probably make it safer, just i need my account back first

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Your account is there fine, you just need to edit the files/delete them/uninstall whatever you had installed. (e107?)

blackroselove

Reaction score
Yea i would i test mine every so often so now one can break in it the best thing around to do so you never have problems of people hacking your site cause i know how horrible it is

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
blackroselove said:
Yea i would i test mine every so often so now one can break in it the best thing around to do so you never have problems of people hacking your site cause i know how horrible it is

If you have a site that integrates PHP with MySQL there are unfixable ways to break into/destroy it.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
That is not necessarily true. If your pay attention to detail and always validate user input you will be fine. It's people/systems that do not do this correctly that have problems.

blackroselove

Reaction score
Bryon is correct i have test many sites and never found faults if the coding is done well but most standerd scripting is easly broken through but if you take the time to go throught it you will be fine

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
You guys know what .removed by me. are?

Last edited:

Vietkid58

Reaction score
i think they hacked my cpanel account too

i cant sign into it.... and i'm afraid they changed my contact email.... can you PM me a new password please?

and thats what i meant when i get my account back, because i cant sign into cpanel....

blaindugan

Reaction score
If i am not mistaken you could file an admin could file a report with fbi about that. i read something on my oldhosts forum about this guy being hacked and they just filed a fbi report. i mean you have a good chance of catching him considering if you google turkhackler or whatever it shows he has a website. (a hacking website) it should be quite easy to catch him but the only problem would be he might live in turkey and i dont know if the fbi has the authority to do that. but if this guys hosting servers are in america he could get busted. i dont no if you want to file a report, have enough evidence, or even want to go through all the trouble but this guy has a hacking website and it would be sweet to his site get shutdown. i no i dont want my site to get hacked

Helheste

Reaction score
Well, thousand of phpBB are hacked by the same group, but a different 'hacker' well,... its not real a hacker.
in the phpbb cases, it was just a simple 'extra forum' created which caused the page sayd it was hacked.
Anyway, probably all you have to do is login cPanel, go to phpMyadmin, look for a table or a row that should not be there, and delete it, if you dont find it, erase the database, and install your website again.
You are not hacked! it are just a bunch of Turkish losers, making advantages of bugs from php programs many people use.

Vietkid58

Reaction score
ok, i totally forgot that i could reset my password....

i just did and i can log on now.... thanks for the help everyone =]

Last edited:

Vietkid58

Reaction score
I GOT HACKED AGAIN.... BY THE SAME PEOPLE....

its not x10's fault but i'd appreciate it if ya'll could do something, like ban their ip or something....

well, its sorta x10 fault, i cant update my cms:
http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?p=99150#post99150

probably why i got hacked, its outdated version...

http://dat.x10hosting.com

aparently, they are religious hackers:

While All Islam
World regard with reverence to your prophet and address him as Hz. ISA A.S
( Christ ) ( putting a holy prefix in front of his name ),
You keep abusing, Islam\'s almighty Prophet with disgusting and disgraceful
cartoons using excuses of freedom of speech.

No doubt, Hz. Isa (
Christ ) would dislike and hate your nation.

Be God\'s Curse On
You !

We
Will be Your Curse on Cyber World !

Last edited:

ImperialPhoenix

Reaction score
No offense but so what, just aslong as noone gots your c-panal password

Do this

login to cpanal and go IP BAN them by yourself(I once banned my self from my own site to test the features and it rocks), look into the logs to see the bad/evil do'ers IP address, you the admin, Do something, don't let these bums push your site around.

in your database, change your forum password containing numbers and stuff that you'll always remenber for the forum.
and do the same for CPANAL too as well for anything else.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
and no its not x10's fault for the software, i can install things fine on the free server now, if you do them by hnd, which really isnt THAT hard. And yes, a IP ban is good, but you need to remember they could be using a proxy, and i dont think cpanel checks if the user is using a proxy or not. So therefore bnning the IP may do nothing at all.

Vietkid58

Reaction score
Jake said:
and no its not x10's fault for the software, i can install things fine on the free server now, if you do them by hnd, which really isnt THAT hard. And yes, a IP ban is good, but you need to remember they could be using a proxy, and i dont think cpanel checks if the user is using a proxy or not. So therefore bnning the IP may do nothing at all.

how do you check if they use a proxy?

and i WAS doing it by hand, for some reason, it doesnt cooperate w/ the db >.<

they arent doing much damage, its just annoying...

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
ok, well if you need help, then PM me.

ImperialPhoenix

Reaction score
WOAH SNAPPS, I forgot all about the proxys.

you sould research on site security then you can upgrade your site then run some hacking attempts to see what can be done to improve it.

Vietkid58

Reaction score
ImperialPhoenix said:
you sould research on site security then you can upgrade your site then run some hacking attempts to see what can be done to improve it.

i wouldnt know how to do that...

Jake said:
ok, well if you need help, then PM me.

thanks, i'll keep that in mind. right now i'll try to fix it myself, but if things get out of control, i'll PM you

anyone know how to block peopole using proxies?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
You would probably have to go about blocking ip ranges instead of actual ip addresses. This in turn would create a problem for users that are in those blocked ip ranges. I would imagine you could allow certain ip`s as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.