Half Life vs. Halo

senisa

Reaction score
This feud has been happening longer that I can remember (JK). What are your thoughts? Which game do you support? I, myself, support the Half Life franchise. I admit that I really don't play halo very often, just the odd game here and there. And take into account that Halo is more multi-player oriented and Half Life is more storyline oriented... I'd like to know your feelings about this topic :cool:

Blazer9131

Reaction score
I love both series.. They both have their own reason's on why they kick ass.. But Halo 1 and Halo 2 are amazing..

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Agreed; both games are great but the Halo series has better gameplay in general.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Look, I'm a Halo fanboy but you got to think realistically here. Half-Life games are better in mostly every way. There is no question about it. It doesn't mean Halo is a bad game. It's just Half-Life games have been done extremely well.

The reason why Half-Life games are so successful is due in part to it's huge modding community. It's just something Halo won't ever be able to achieve.

One thing that Halo does have on Half-Life is the vastness of the universe. There is just so much that can be done story wise because of it. There are just so many unanswered possibilities that could be expanded on. Sure the same holds true with Half-Life games but to me they feel like those questions are on a separate scale in comparison.

Half-Life games to me feel like the story is being unfolded on a more personal level. It doesn't feel like I'm the savior of the galaxy. It feels like you're struggling to survive and you have no way of controlling the outcome of anything. It feels like you're a pawn. This is of course very interesting but it feels a little too strict. Of course I would never want them to change the story one bit.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Any true gamer knows that the only way to live is to have both games. :biggrin:

However, if you just look at the standard package, Halo has more.

H/L is just singleplayer.
Halo has always had singleplayer and multiplayer.

The modding community for H/L however, has let it expand far beyond these boundaries.

Halo, being a console game first and foremost, hasn't had the benefit of a modding community (at least, modding that is beneficial). If it had, who knows where it could have gone!

warlordste

Reaction score
both great games but with me it gotta be halo dunno why just i love halo

senisa

Reaction score
I have to agree with SilentKayos on that. But I still like the Half Life franchise better, simply because of it's amazing game play, story, graphics:dancingnaand I may have a minuscule crush on Gordon Freeman:biggrin:. BTW, Half Life does have a multiplayer option! Half Life: Deathmatch and such. I got it with my copy of it.