Has anybody tried a Wii Emulator?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hezuo, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hezuo

hezuo New Member

I've heard that there's a wii emulator that runs smoothly on a regular pc. Has anyone heard of that?

2. Zubair

Zubair Community Leader Community Support

***Moved to Gamer`s Lounge***

3. Livewire

Livewire Abuse Compliance Officer Staff Member

Given that Emulators are in a bit of a gray area in the law I'm not sure it's actually safe to discuss them here.

In any case I've done a search online and turned up one possibility (checking it shortly), but you -may- have also misunderstood what it seems an OVERWEALMING number of these are. They aren't emulators for the Wii as in Wii on PC, they're emulators for other systems on the Wii (NeoGeo on the Wii, Genesis on the Wii, etc.)

EDIT: I did locate one however I will clarify right now if it actually works, I would have to say it violates Nintendo EULA. I'm not positive on its legality but it doesn't appear to need Bios or anything to run it - that generally means it's violating SOMEONES rules somewhere XD

Edit 2: Yeah somethings an EULA violator here. It literally has everything it needs to play GC games, let alone Wii games, so my very law-abiding guess is this may very well get shut down sooner or later for TOS/EULA violation by nintendo. Assuming it works with Wii, which it probably does.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  4. jiasen

jiasen New Member

Because a Wii emulator is against the law, I'm not going to post it here.
    However, a quick search of Google will help you find it. It has to do with an animal.

5. diego.miquel

diego.miquel New Member

6. skai123

skai123 Member

Yup, the emulator works fine... except my computer is slow, so it's laggy...

7. late555

late555 New Member

Can't really see the appeal, personally.
    The wii has massively inferior graphics to most PCs, and it's only real plus (and that's definitely arguable) is it's control method - which of course you ain't gonna get on an emulator.
    Also I've got a wii (gathering dust).

8. Livewire

Livewire Abuse Compliance Officer Staff Member

FYI, the emulator in question supports the Wiimote - there's hacks available to have the Wiimote work with a pc as a pointer, and apparently the emu has gone the extra step and can read -everything- on it.

That's also part of the reason I think Nintendo'll ****-can it soon enough - its close enough to a real Wii (barring speed) that it's simply too prime of an opportunity to not cease-and-desist into the next century.

9. mnsman

mnsman New Member

Emulators being illegal is a common misconception. It is completely legal to run that stuff on your computer under one condition of course, you actually own what you're running (i.e. the games and the console). Nintendo has tried to take them down but copyright laws actually protect software being any form the purchaser wishes.

10. Smith6612

Smith6612 I ate all of the x10Pizza Community Support

I own a Wii here, but no I have never used an Emulator. If I'm not mistaken, you don't need any hacks to get a WiiMote to link up to a PC. All you need is a Bluetooth card.

11. jeffrios

jeffrios New Member

How well does it work?

12. krofunk

krofunk New Member

from experience you are looking for a program that is named after a swimming mammal :rolleyes: and yes it does work fine, things you will need for it to work include a bluetooth adapter and 2 ir LED's you can buy "wireless" sensor bars in game shops and these work great.

one plus of using an emulator over the real thing is that you can actually play games in HD clicky clicky >link< shows what the software is capable of.

on another note, I have a Wii and personally I dont think graphics are a big issue with games...more what the game is, how you play it and its story. Its a good console, If I want to shoot something and kill a bunch of terrorists I will play crysis on my pc :cool:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  13. xav0989

xav0989 Community Public Relation Community Support

*** Closed to prevent EULA / copyright infringement ***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.