Has anybody tried a Wii Emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hezuo

Reaction score
I've heard that there's a wii emulator that runs smoothly on a regular pc. Has anyone heard of that?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
***Moved to Gamer`s Lounge***

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Given that Emulators are in a bit of a gray area in the law I'm not sure it's actually safe to discuss them here.

In any case I've done a search online and turned up one possibility (checking it shortly), but you -may- have also misunderstood what it seems an OVERWEALMING number of these are. They aren't emulators for the Wii as in Wii on PC, they're emulators for other systems on the Wii (NeoGeo on the Wii, Genesis on the Wii, etc.)

EDIT: I did locate one however I will clarify right now if it actually works, I would have to say it violates Nintendo EULA. I'm not positive on its legality but it doesn't appear to need Bios or anything to run it - that generally means it's violating SOMEONES rules somewhere XD

Edit 2: Yeah somethings an EULA violator here. It literally has everything it needs to play GC games, let alone Wii games, so my very law-abiding guess is this may very well get shut down sooner or later for TOS/EULA violation by nintendo. Assuming it works with Wii, which it probably does.

Last edited:

jiasen

Reaction score
Because a Wii emulator is against the law, I'm not going to post it here.
However, a quick search of Google will help you find it. It has to do with an animal.

skai123

Reaction score
Yup, the emulator works fine... except my computer is slow, so it's laggy...

late555

Reaction score
Can't really see the appeal, personally.
The wii has massively inferior graphics to most PCs, and it's only real plus (and that's definitely arguable) is it's control method - which of course you ain't gonna get on an emulator.
Also I've got a wii (gathering dust).

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't really see the appeal, personally.
The wii has massively inferior graphics to most PCs, and it's only real plus (and that's definitely arguable) is it's control method - which of course you ain't gonna get on an emulator.
Also I've got a wii (gathering dust).

FYI, the emulator in question supports the Wiimote - there's hacks available to have the Wiimote work with a pc as a pointer, and apparently the emu has gone the extra step and can read -everything- on it.

That's also part of the reason I think Nintendo'll ****-can it soon enough - its close enough to a real Wii (barring speed) that it's simply too prime of an opportunity to not cease-and-desist into the next century.

mnsman

Reaction score
Emulators being illegal is a common misconception. It is completely legal to run that stuff on your computer under one condition of course, you actually own what you're running (i.e. the games and the console). Nintendo has tried to take them down but copyright laws actually protect software being any form the purchaser wishes.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I own a Wii here, but no I have never used an Emulator. If I'm not mistaken, you don't need any hacks to get a WiiMote to link up to a PC. All you need is a Bluetooth card.

krofunk

Reaction score
from experience you are looking for a program that is named after a swimming mammal :rolleyes: and yes it does work fine, things you will need for it to work include a bluetooth adapter and 2 ir LED's you can buy "wireless" sensor bars in game shops and these work great.

one plus of using an emulator over the real thing is that you can actually play games in HD clicky clicky >link< shows what the software is capable of.

on another note, I have a Wii and personally I dont think graphics are a big issue with games...more what the game is, how you play it and its story. Its a good console, If I want to shoot something and kill a bunch of terrorists I will play crysis on my pc :cool:

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
*** Closed to prevent EULA / copyright infringement ***

Status
Not open for further replies.