Help Me in Coding

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I've got one template for my website and I need help coding one comment form there. I've no knowledge of JavaScript or PHP, the only know is HTML and CSS. Please Help me, how to code for that form.
That form has three columns i.e, Name, Email and Comment and at the last submit Query.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 45

kshare

Reaction score
Does this form send comments to your email, or enter them into a database?

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It must enter in database so that everybody can see it

drf1229

Reaction score
W3Schools has some good tutorials, some bad. I can't recommend it. The PHP+MySQL tutorial is particularly problematic. Tizag is a little better overall, but still flawed in spots. The proper approach is to lean to program, then learn PHP.
Oh? I've used w3schools for most of my learning although I haven't completely relied on it.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh!, but if you can provide me code it will be nice cause whenever I start reading PHP, JavaScript all those tags starts gamboling before my eyes. It is very hard to learn for me. I've got very good book to read but it is very lengthy and big book to complete. So I want my first site running as soon as possible.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh? I've used w3schools for most of my learning although I haven't completely relied on it.
With W3Schools, you'll end up having to unlearn so much, especially when it comes to MySQL+PHP.

In particular, the MySQL+PHP tutorial is based on a terribly out of date MySQL driver (mysql was replaced by mysqli, which was replaced by PDO), which means it can't cover prepared statements. With no prepared statements, it should cover how to prevent SQL injection, but it doesn't. At all. In any tutorial. Tizag is just as out of date, but it at least covers SQL injection, though it's in an "advanced topic" tutorial, which means countless users probably don't bother with it.

It also doesn't go on to cover how to separate data access out of the rest of the system into its own layer. That's an intermediate topic, but a vital one.

Also, W3School's HTML tutorials don't approach HTML from a semantic viewpoint. Tizag is a little better on this count, but still measures up short. HTMLDog might be the best of the three for HTML. It's beginner HTML tutorial doesn't mention semantic HTML (which isn't necessary); at the same time, it doesn't go against the principles of semantic HTML.

There might be other problem areas, and areas where the sites shine. Since I didn't learn by reading tutorials, I've only glanced at what the sites have to offer. I haven't been too impressed, and I'm not alone. W3Schools is popular, but not good. It persists because that's where people started, so that's what they recommend, not realizing how bad it is.

So I want my first site running as soon as possible.
Patience, young grasshopper. It's better to take a little more time to do it right than do it fast and sloppy. It's harder to unlearn bad habits that learn good ones. If the project were more complex than a comment form, I'd recommend starting as simple as possible and adding features later.

Last edited:

drf1229

Reaction score
With W3Schools, you'll end up having to unlearn so much, especially when it comes to MySQL+PHP.

I see. Well I haven't had to unlearn much so far (I guess I got lucky) and I've been able to create some pretty elaborate sites so far. I see what you're talking about and why W3Schools isn't the best.

As for you snshusat, I recommend the same as misson. Take your time with your sites and make them your best work. Have you seen my signature? I'm only 13 and I've learned a lot about both web development and iPhone programming. This hasn't happened instantly, I've come a long way. If you want to learn, be patient and try your best to solve your problems on your own, as this is the best way for you to learn. If you are absolutely stuck, ask for help, but don't just post a picture and say "this is what I want done, give me the code". Thats what paid developers are for :)

Last edited:

marley17

Reaction score
this is an old school but it works .. been using it lately when i play with static site..

<div class="js-kit-comments" backwards="yes" paginate="10"></div>
<script src="http://js-kit.com/comments.js"></script>

basically it is a javascript language.. created by js-kit.com... paste the http://js-kit.com/comments.js in your browser and just copy the content. rename it to something like http:yousitename.com. upload it to your host..
place your script to your desired position. Glad to help

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello drf1299, I've seen your site and I liked it cause very few people wants to make a website based on Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, cause not only it is a hard subject for them but it is very hard to type their equations, reactions and make diagram. I've also tried many times to make website on these topics but failed every time. How you have made it. I can't believe that you are 13 years old.
Edit:
but I want to tell you that formula for quadratic equation is wrong in your site. The correct equation is
y=ax^2 + bx +c . You have written ax^2 + b^2 +c^2
Edit:
If you are absolutely stuck said:
You are right but I'm not asking you for A to Z help. I just want to know how that code looks like and how it get connected to my database. To Put that code in the right place is my responsibility. I think that code will be about 5-8 lines only. At least I can aspect that much help from here.

Last edited: