Help On Google Indexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainokea

Reaction score
My site is indexed but I changed layouts and CMS a few times. When I check the index's that google has for my site, there all about 1month behind. Is this normal?

tittat

Reaction score
It is just normal.Google wont cache your page everytime it index your pages.And frequency of caching depends up on your page rank and many other secret factors.So nothing really to panic.

Ainokea

Reaction score
ok just there over a month behind, just wondering if this would affect traffic?
oh yeah since your a senior/mod if I buy a domain here, can I still keep my free site to redirect for traffic and stuff?

tittat

Reaction score
if I buy a domain here, can I still keep my free site to redirect for traffic and stuff?
yes you may buy a new domain and make your old domain redirect to the new one,with out losing any traffic.

Also read 301 Redirect: 301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".

http://www.webconfs.com/how-to-redirect-a-webpage.php

Ainokea

Reaction score
yeah I was going to use a 301, I was just curious as to if I could keep my existing site with a paid site. As soon as I get more posts and traffic on my blog I plan to buy a domain from x10hosting.

thanks for the quick reply :)

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
You are always welcome.
We are here to help you out.

Closing this thread. The author can reopen the thread himself if he wants to continue this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.