Help with adding a forum to my site?

codemonkeybox

Reaction score
Hello,

I love the hosting provided here, it is truely amazing. Especially with all of the mySQL, PHP support, large amount of bandwidth, and storage.

But I am currently trying to get a forum onto my site so the people on it can forumize (its not that made up...)

I was messing around with phpBB, but I always get mySQl errors, I know I made the database, username, and provided the correct name and password for phpBB to access it. All of the permissions were set to full on the database.

I think its because I linked it to the wrong server (DNS server is what it asked for on installation), I put it down as http://ns1.x10hosting.com with mySQL lite and it accepted it during installation.

This is the exact error that it will show:
Code:
General Error

SQL ERROR [ sqlite ]

SQL logic error or missing database [1]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Anybody got any ideas on how to solve this?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i don't think it asked for the DNS server.

rather the server the db is located on, which in this case should be: localhost

mcklovin

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, when you install PHPbb it gives you the choice between using mySQL or SQlite.

Perhaps you choose SQlite instead of mySQL?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
You should reinstall the phpBB forum. If you need it, you can ask help here for all the step. You can also install phpbb from fantastico through cPanel.

codemonkeybox

Reaction score
Wow, fantastico, was well, super fantastic. Now I feel kinda stupid trying to install manually.

Thanks for your help, you guys were awesome at providing help, especially since you all did it so quickly. Thank you!

djkaden

Reaction score
server localhost
user youname_youname
datebase youname_datebase

sql

expl:
user radiopro_kaden
datebase: radiopro_site01
host : localhost

kkenny

Reaction score
Fantastico may create some problems later when you try to update, but it's the best way to go when you have no clue of what you're doing ;). Glad everything worked out in the end, hope your site becomes a good one!