HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus

Reaction score
What are the permissions for your .htaccess file? I believe it should be set to 644.

all4aust

Reaction score
Hello gus,

Thanks for your repply.
My .htaccess file is already on 644 but it's still not working.

Regards,

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have an index file (ie index.php, index.html or similar)?

If you have for instance a home.html (which while common isn't recognized by server as the starting point), you would need to
a) rename it to index.html and make sure all pages that links back to it is updated to use the new name, or
b) edit/create .htaccess to include the following line, without quotes: "DirectoryIndex home.php"

If you wish to have a list of your files to show when going to the site the following line is needed in .htaccess (no quotes): "Options +Indexes"

If none of the above apply, I'll take a closer look for any filepermission issues or other discrepencies

all4aust

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Thanks for your quick answer.
Yes I have an index.php so did not try option (a).
However I tried option (b) but when I tried to edit .htaccess with the "DirectoryIndex home.php" it did not work. I believe it is due to error with the index.php coding file.

I really appreciate your help, so if you need anything else from me please let me know.

D.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
just a suggestion, check the htaccess file.
i tried going to your page but seen an error.
FORBIDDEN
You don't have permission to access this resource.Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe
this kind of tells me you have an htaccess coding error somewhere.
(a bad code in the htaccess file)

all4aust

Reaction score
Hello spacresx,

Thanks for your answer.
I definitely reckon that have an error on .htaccess file but cannot understand where and why it changed as my webpage was correctly operating before.

Code is the following:

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Thank you.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I took a quick look and found the problem. The actual folder for the subdomain had the wrong permission set, likely due to directadmin and cpanel handling domains rather differently, I altered that folder to have 755 for permission and now it looks like your site works.

Status
Not open for further replies.