How do I access my default email?

mrlister

Reaction score
With the free account, I get three email addresses, the default one with my username and two that I can choose the name myself. But I don't know how to access the default one!
In the DirectAdmin E-Mail manager, only the two new ones have links to webmail, the default one does not.
I tried to log in to the webmail (Roundcube) manually, but then it asks for a password, which apparently is different from my normal password.
And I tried to make an inbox for it in Thunderbird, but that didn't work either: it also complains about the password. The other two accounts work fine using IMAP in Thunderbird.

So am I doing something wrong? I am supposed to use this default account for email normally, right? If it IS the password, how can I retrieve it?

Edit: solved it!
Apparently, the username for the default account is ONLY the accountname, without the @domain.x10.mx part. This in contrast to other email accounts, that only work with the @domain.x10.mx appended.
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so I'll leave this up for people who are having the same question.

Last edited: