Resolved How do you change your cpanel login username(email)

Status
Not open for further replies.

galdranx

Reaction score
I have searched, and every forum article that people ask how to do this. they say login to the cpanel and there is a "settings" in the top right.

Only I can't find that option for the love of me.

How do you change my x10hosting (cpanel) login email address?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't at this time.

When the backend is revamped, you'll be able to change the email address for the login to the account panel, however the username for the actual hosting (DirectAdmin, formerly cPanel) account you can not change the username.

galdranx

Reaction score
Okay, this is cool. As long as I know I can change it eventually that is great. I"m trying to stop using the email account that is currently being used, it was compromised and someone had control of it for a few weeks. I eventually got it back but I don't trust the security of it anymore, so I would really like to change it eventually.

Any eta on when this backend is revamped? it seems to be going on for months.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
if you regained control of the compromised email,
you could change passwords to it more frequently and use more complicated ones.
just an alternative.

galdranx

Reaction score
if you regained control of the compromised email,
you could change passwords to it more frequently and use more complicated ones.
just an alternative.

Thank you for your feedback. Of course, you have no idea how I was compromised, or the nature of what happened, but I can assure you, your advice isn't remotely applicable in this case.

I use 16 character passwords, generated with lastpass, that have lower case, upper case, numbers and special characters. The complexity and how often I change my password which is every few months, is not the issue.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you subscribe to the thread in this forum for new user signups, I will notify you when the new backend is up. The email change feature would probably have to be a part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.