How fast is your internet?

How fast is your internet (download)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Another internet connection related poll, also willing to know about how fast your connections are.

Mine is supposed to be 7616mbps download, 128kbps upload but in reality is only 4mbps download and 130kbps upload. Dont complain as this ADSL rate is quite average compared with others in NZ - network a tad clogged

Also see my other thread about how much you download each month.

Also keen to know what your upload speeds are, whether they are the same as your download or much slower, like 128kbps, 512kbps, 1mbps, 10mbps, etc.

tsukunase

Reaction score
96944.png

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
128 kbps....Lousy isn't it, but since I have unlimited it costs me more....Though maximum in my country is 2 MBps :/ It take about Rs 800, that will be about $ 20

Last edited:

Slothie

Reaction score
2mpbs/1mpbs =/

Not like upload's a great big deal here since the throttle p2p shizzle.

toasterthegamer

Reaction score
4mpbs/10mpbs

I got a whole bunch of upload not enough download...

i have 2.6 MB and im paying 160 dollars per month!!!!

Jptosso: Yeah your way over priced!! My dad has that speed for WIRELESS service and he pays 50 a month...

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Using HSDPA.

When the light is green(GPRS) i get 56k down and almost nothing up.
When its dark blue, around a meg down and 128 down.
When its light blue, anything from 1-2meg down and up not to sure.

Swiblet

Reaction score
o_O I'm confused. The DSLreports.com tests tell me that my download speed is 4 mbps and my upload speed is 344 kbps. However, I download at 800 kbps max and upload at 40 kbps. What is going on?

~~Ben

t2t2t

Reaction score
o_O I'm confused. The DSLreports.com tests tell me that my download speed is 4 mbps and my upload speed is 344 kbps. However, I download at 800 kbps max and upload at 40 kbps. What is going on?

~~Ben
Bite and byte are 2 different things ;)
Wikipedia said:
A byte is a collection of bits, originally variable in size but now almost always eight bits. Eight-bit bytes, also known as octets, can represent 256 values (28 values, 0–255). A four-bit quantity is known as a nybble, and can represent 16 values (24 values, 0–15). A rarely used term, crumb, can refer to a two-bit quantity, and can represent 4 values (2² values, 0–3).

Here upload 1Mbit/s and download 2Mbit/s (Monthly fee - 10-20$, please US dollar be more stable...)

cointoss

Reaction score
You will all drool with envoy when I tell you I get 56K, but with AOL, I'm lucky to get half. lol. I can't help it...I live out here with the cows. lol. Unless Google buys the dilapidated signals and uses them to send broadband, I'm screwed. I mean, there's always satellite, but is it that much faster than dialup? I'm at least used to having a cable modem, but not out here. Heaven help me. lol.

Last edited:

Swiblet

Reaction score
>.< I envy those with 50+. How can you afford so much!!!!

~~Ben

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Damn, what I would do for a killer connection...

Give me anything that really is 10mbps either way and life will feel worth living.

tsukunase

Reaction score
Damn, what I would do for a killer connection...

Give me anything that really is 10mbps either way and life will feel worth living.

Anything under 50Mbps makes me feel weird when downloading things.
I guess I'm just used to it; heh

They should make a game like Survivor where they give people gbit, then put them on AOL for a week.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
LOL that would suck... I cant even survive on 64kbps after only being on 4mbps :S

Status
Not open for further replies.