How fast is your internet (download)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
2 gig?!?!?!? I don't belive you can have that because there is only network cards that support 1 gig.

DS3 / T3 Connection -
45 mbps connection - Dedicated line for 100+ users and/or high bandwidth applications. A DS3 / T3 connection can also be used for point to point access.

Last edited:

Swiblet

Reaction score
Mine is 4 Mbs =) I'm a slowpoke, sorry. But in my area, AT&T has us monopolized, and Verizon and Sprint, with their amazingly fast/cheap services CAN'T REACH US HERE!!! *cries* And it's all the fault of that stupid contract that Verizon and Sprint signed with AT&T. I'm stuck using cable.

~~B3N

Cycloneflame

Reaction score
Guess what deal I'm getting on Sky Broadband UK?

I'm paying £10 (That's $20, for you Americans who haven't actually looked at the economic news in the past 6 months), and I get 16Mbps, Unlimited bandwidth. Great or what?

ludger

Reaction score
i got a 4mbps/386kbps at home
and at work i have 4x the above.

when i go over to germany though i get a 100mb unmetered line, speeds range from 11 MBps down and 8 MBps up

whitebus

Reaction score

tested on my laptop from work (i use the same isp at home) where we pay for a 3 meg adsl. i don't think 2198kbps down is too bad.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
That's not too bad, though depending on where you live, if you live in the US, you should try the US servers, not the Toronto server, unless you're in Canada or something. The Canada servers closest to me always have higher latency and go nowhere near the max speed on any ISP in the area.

Though if only US internet was cheaper, like Cyclone's (by the way Cyclone, Sky should be giving you more than 768k of upload, hence your down speed. ADSL2+ can hold up to 3Mbps of upload on DSL if you're close enough.) I live right next to the main feed/CO for the DSL, so my signal's pretty much perfect. My line attenuation on the downstream is 7.0, upstream is 1.0, and the margin hovers in the high 20's to 30's. The higher the margin and the lower the attenuation, the better DSL signal you have.

Slinki

Reaction score
212024549.png

Status
Not open for further replies.