How much of your GMail space are you using?

What percentage of your GMail space are you using?

• <= 1%

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • 1%-5%

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 5%-20%

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • 20% - 30%

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 30% - 40%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40% - 50%

• 50% - 60%

• 60% - 70%

• 70% - 80%

• >= 80%

• Total voters

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What percentage are you using? Please vote in the poll, it's nice to see a graphical representation.

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
says 5%, so i did the math:
5.57%

Last edited:

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You are currently using 263 MB (3%) of your 7418 MB.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think anybody really uses over 7gb of space in text, that would take a lot!

eddyway

Reaction score
Looks like many people are not saving the mails on the Gmail server. I am one of them. I don't trust Google to save all my mails there. I always delete the mails after read or when it was irrelevant. But maybe google is keeping a secret copy somewhere...
:cool:

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
10mb
What I don't get is why people keep going on about google might be keeping track of what i'm doing. It doesn't matter 99% of world governments do it too. You spend 70% of your day being tracked so what difference does it make and why does google care what you want for christmas how you feel or any of the other crap we talk about on a daily basis other than for better advertising.

csc2ya

Reaction score
Got more than one gmail account, so i'll list them all (I voted for the first one listed under the gmail domain):

Main gmail account: less than 1% (4MB)
Google apps account (my main domain (have moved it to a different host now)): less than 1% (19MB)
Google apps account (my x10email address): less than 1% (0MB)
Second gmail account: less than 1% (0MB)
Google apps account (co.cc address): less than 1% (0MB)

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You are currently using 476 MB (6%) of your 7418 MB.

I hardly ever delete an email, only spam I delete.

smurfboi76

Reaction score
I use so little that is isn't even funny I end up deleting my inbox a lot of the time even though i guess I really don't need to do that because of it being "unlimited" or close enough to it. I love GMAIL though and well come to think of it Google inc

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I have way over 6000 emails, and I am using about 7% of the space.

apbg2801

Reaction score
Though GMail is providing 7GB+ we should not take that for granted. Misuse of it thru over-sending of attachments etc will make it bloated in no time.

So, now a days I ask people to send me "yousendit.com" or similar link rather than sending that thru attachments.

I don't believe in deleting old emails, unless it is junk. I never delete my old emails.

Mind it, we have 7GB+ space. If we use it judiciously, it will last our lifetime.

Hala!!

(You are currently using 699 MB (9%) of your 7419 MB.)

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
My main account which has been open since it started about 4GB most of it is some backups of photos or whatever.

kkenny

Reaction score
I have mine open since the beta period when you could only get in with an invide.
I've used about 57%-ish. Most of it being photos, and my old POP3 accounts and the such. I've never deleted an e-mail, and I get around ~300 emails a day (with only 25 being spam at the most) because I'm in many mail groups, use email as a way to hots online files and yeah. It's basically my online hard drive ;)

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
At the moment, 2%. I'm just in the middle of moving all my mail to IMAP, and I'm only about half-way there, but I'm using 191MB.

--- Mr. DOS

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like many people are not saving the mails on the Gmail server. I am one of them. I don't trust Google to save all my mails there. I always delete the mails after read or when it was irrelevant. But maybe google is keeping a secret copy somewhere...
:cool:

I archive all of my emails.

Mitch

Reaction score
I am using 1891 MB (25%) of the total 7419 MB. So i am in the group 20% - 30% (first one). I mostly use it as a backup for my stuff.