How much RAM do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

• Total voters

drsib

Reaction score
I have 2 gigs on my main comp, 2 gigs on my server and 2 gigs in my laptop! wow thats alot ram if you actually think about it!

Sohail

Reaction score
Everyone seems to have a lot of RAM here,i only have 256MB :(.

maxf12345

Reaction score
I've got 2GB(4x512MB) of RAM. It's enough for normal work with LInux, but I need more for VMWare...

Kieran G

Reaction score
Formerly had 128MB now have 384MB, I only use it for the occasional game and to do my er.. computing. When I used to have 128MB it was taking 10mins to load Windoze 98, then took 15 for XP. I looked around my house for chips and found a 256MB, I could then survive turning on my PC.

Stormscape

Reaction score
I have over nine thousaaaaaaaaand...
just kidding.
I got 3gb of RAM. And I still manage to use 50% of it when I boot up the Oblivion world editor (aka The Elder Scrolls Construction Set). Fascinating, no?

Last edited:

excid3

Reaction score
2gb in my laptop, never used more than 1gb though, got it just cuz of all the hype vista was goign to require...ended up switching to linux, never looked back since! :p

McKlatch

Reaction score
I used to have 2 gigs, but i'm an uber photoshopper and got the "ram" warning too many times. my machine now bears 4 gigs, and she is pretty!

theterminator

Reaction score
I have 2.5 GB in my computer, in my other one I have 1.5 GB and in my old computer running a Counter-Strike 1.6 server I have 128 MB of RAM.

VPmase

Reaction score
My computer is so old its not worth upgrading. I have .75gb. (Ok I swapped a 256 stick with a 512 from another pc I have)

arkky

Reaction score
I only have 1gb and running vista. Boy does it suck. Planning to get it up to 3 or 4 gb if my PC (it's store bought so I don't have a clue how many slots it has) mobo allows it (or my money). If not I'll settle for 2gb. There's a local PC fair next week I'm going to check out. Cheap deals, a 1gb stick of Kingston RAM can go as low as USD$10.

Ryutso

Reaction score
Well let's see. My laptop is a gaming rig with Vista so 4 GB there. My Desktop I built myself so about 3.25 GB there.

jensen

Reaction score
Am having 2 GB of RAM. Wanted to get more but the tech people at the shop said that only the quad core processors can benefit from more RAM. A Core2 Duo processor benefits most at 2GB and anymore would not see a marked improvement. Any thoughts people?

CartoBot

Reaction score
2GB, and that's just fine for me. Just covers using Photoshop and other programs at the same time.

Last edited:

eagles051387

Reaction score
i have 2gb cuz of vista. on my desktop machine i have 1gb and im running the 64bit of kubuntu. which is so much better than windows. if u can find a vb ide for linux i would switch if i were u. in regards to msn u can use pidgin. not sure bout remote assistance

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
1gb on my desktop...