How to backup database on vista panel and restore into x10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkkhafan18

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a website on [removed] (free hosting) but its not satisfying and I want to transfer it to my account here. My website uses PHP Nuke script.

The hosting is equipped by vista panel! and i made database backups from PHPMyAdmin but it's said that vista panel hosting backups wont work on other hosts. Its something like coding database

Is there anyone to help me about making a proper vista panel database backup?

Last edited by a moderator:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This is apt for the Scripts and 3rd Party apps forum.
Free Hosting support forum is for any hosting specific problem/information but not the help regarding the general programming help.Kindly choose the correct forum.
Anyways ...here is an answer:

All Vista Panel hosts offer phpMyAdmin and a backup service for your htdocs folder.
Assuming you have accessed phpMyAdmin and are on the database you want to backup...

Click Export at the top
Check the box next to Save as File
Type in a filename for the backup such as the database name and date
Next to Compression choose Zipped
Click Go

You should then be prompted to save a file as a download, this is your database backup, click OK or Accept and save it to your computer.
Restoring Backups

Taking a backup is important because at some point you will need to restore from one be it bad updates of your script or otherwise.

Assuming you have your backup file and are in the database you have accessed the database you need to restore your backup into...
Now from cPanel you go to PhpMyadmin:

Click Import at the top
Click Choose.. and find the backup file on your computer
Click Go

That should insert all the tables in the database.

Last edited:

jkkhafan18

Reaction score
Thank you for your guides and I apologize about my decision to post here but I didn't have any Idea where to post such a question.

I know how to make backup and restore it but I asked if anyone know how to make a proper backup from such hostings. because it seems some free hostings have an encoding system to prevent users from restoring their backups to other hostings.
I was wondering if there is a setting or a backup tool to prevent such encodings.

Thank you

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
a database backup made with phpMyAdmin, should work just fine to import into phpmyadmin on a different host. Other then that you don't have much of an option, unless the script you have there does have its own built in backup functionality, or you find a stand alone php script that can make the backup for you.

Last edited:

jkkhafan18

Reaction score
I appreciate you for your clear answer and I found what I need.
That was really helpful ,and yes, PHPNuke has a built in backup script which I've never used it.
I didn't test it yet but I think it should work.

THANK YOU :)

Status
Not open for further replies.