How to change FTP password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rednoise

Reaction score
In DirectAdmin Web Control Panel | Account Manager | FTP Management I see where I can add new FTP accounts. You can set that account's password at that time, but I don't see any way to change the password for an existing account. Am I missing something?

Can I assume that I change my own FTP password by changing my master account password?

butter14

Reaction score
In DirectAdmin Web Control Panel | Account Manager | FTP Management I see where I can add new FTP accounts. You can set that account's password at that time, but I don't see any way to change the password for an existing account. Am I missing something?

Can I assume that I change my own FTP password by changing my master account password?

To change your FTP password just go to Direct Admin > FTP Management

Click on the account you already have and fill out the fields.

the page will look like this
upload_2020-1-16_0-47-55.png

rednoise

Reaction score

View attachment 9877

That's not what I see. Your picture looks similar to what I see when I create a new FTP account. My existing accounts are shown in a list. I can select one, but my only options are to Suspend, Unsuspend, or Delete the account. Are you and I using different versions of the Control Panel?

ftp1.png

Last edited:

rednoise

Reaction score

View attachment 9877

OK, I just got it. I didn't read your description literally enough. I really do need to CLICK on the account name, which then shows me the Modify FTP Account screen in your picture. I was just checking the box to the left of the name. Doh!

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

butter14

Reaction score
OK, I just got it. I didn't read your description literally enough. I really do need to CLICK on the account name, which then shows me the Modify FTP Account screen in your picture. I was just checking the box to the right of the name. Doh!

Thanks for your help.

Your welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.