how to compile in visual studio 2010

Discussion in 'Scripts, 3rd Party Apps, and Programming' started by dhruv227, Jun 16, 2010.

1. dhruv227

dhruv227 New Member

i just recently installed ms visual studio 2010.
    i wrote a c++ program but I don't see anywhere the compile and run options. you have any idea how can I compile and run basic c++ programs in it ?

2. Livewire

Livewire Abuse Compliance Officer Staff Member

If it's the same as 2008, look up in the File bar for Build, then Build Solution (F6).

Run I'm not sure is shown there but it's F5; if memory serves on a c# app (not sure it's the same for cpp), pushing f5 also rebuilds the solution if changes have been made since last build (it might pop a box to ask first though).

3. marshian

marshian New Member

Let me just use this image as example: http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/02-24visualstudio.jpg
    In the second bar from the top you see a green arrow. If you press that, your project be compiled and started with the option specified in the drop-down box right of it. (In this example, it will be started with the "debug" configuration.)

For the compile options, right-click your project in the solution explorer and go to properties.
    Just building can be done from the Build menu.