How to get ASP.Net to work at x10Hosting

gichan

Reaction score
I'm afraid that the asp.net is not currently working on absolute and boru servers.
Edit:
I'm afraid that the asp.net is not currently working on absolute and boru servers.

Last edited:

josenain

Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure it's not working on Cossacks either. Mono is probably done in every server at x10.

kebinuchiousu

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried the tutorial but when I try to run version.aspx I get an System.Reflection.AmbiguosMatchException

http://kebinuchiousu.x10hosting.com/version.aspx

Code:
System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous matching in method resolution
  at System.Reflection.Binder.FindMostDerivedMatch (System.Reflection.MethodBase[] match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.MonoType.GetMethodImpl (System.String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.CollectAutomaticEventInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.WireupAutomaticEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.HttpApplication+<Pipeline>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.HttpApplication.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
This is the code for version.aspx

Code:
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<script runat="server">
     Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
        Try
            Response.Write("Your ASP.NET version is: " & System.Environment.Version.ToString())
        Catch ex As Exception
            Response.Write(ex.ToString())
        End Try
    End Sub
</script>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>ASP.Net Test</title>
    <script runat="server">
        Try
            Response.Write("Your ASP.NET version is: " & System.Environment.Version.ToString())
        Catch ex As Exception
        End Try
     End Sub
    </script>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    </form>
</body>
</html>

kebinuchiousu

Reaction score
When I compiled the vb.net code instead of using the interpreted mode it worked fine.

Hi,

I tried the tutorial but when I try to run version.aspx I get an System.Reflection.AmbiguosMatchException

http://kebinuchiousu.x10hosting.com/version.aspx

Code:
System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous matching in method resolution
  at System.Reflection.Binder.FindMostDerivedMatch (System.Reflection.MethodBase[] match) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.MonoType.GetMethodImpl (System.String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.CollectAutomaticEventInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.WireupAutomaticEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.HttpApplication+<Pipeline>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Web.HttpApplication.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
This is the code for version.aspx

Code:
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<script runat="server">
        Try
        Catch ex As Exception
        End Try
    End Sub
</script>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>ASP.Net Test</title>
    <script runat="server">
        Try
        Catch ex As Exception
        End Try
     End Sub
    </script>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    </form>
</body>
</html>

gombertd

Reaction score
Very informative tutorial; well written. Wish it worked. I'm on hosting server starka and anything with an .aspx doesn't seem to display at all. I have no ASP code in my file, just straight html, nothing fancy and it still doesn't display. Can anybody tell me if their ASP is working or has x10hosting simply stopped supporting it?

rafey

Reaction score
um, i can't seem to find my .htaccess file. where is it supposed to be located? it's not in the public html folder where all my other files are. when i try to access my uploaded .aspx files, i get a "this webpage is not available" error...

maurg

Reaction score
Im posting this here because i'm not really sure where to ask it.

Obviously i'm having the same problem as a lot of ppl while trying to make ASP.NET work on x10hosting and i'm at my wits end at what to do. So... i made a test website like the one suggested on this tutorial using Visual Studio 2010 with C# language and .Net 3.5 just to be on the safe side. And the website simply does not open and since the test site worked on other free hosts i'm thinking my problem is with MoNo as such i tested my project with MoMA and got the following errors which im thinking should not influence anything:

Calling Method Method with [MonoTodo] Reason
void __BuildControlTree (default_aspx) void Page.InitializeCulture () Does nothing. Used by .net aspx parser
void FrameworkInitialize () void Page.AddWrappedFileDependencies (Object) Does nothing. Used by .net aspx parser
void .ctor () Object Page.GetWrappedFileDependencies (String[]) Not implemented. Only used by .net aspx parser

So.. any ideas on what i could try to make this work or at least so i can go in the right track? thx in advance.

shangyi

Reaction score
Hi, I've done everything you have told and i tried to run my website and it appears the page is unavailable.. no web config error messages.. like the page itself doesn't exist.. I'm on lotus. Please do help~ Thanks!

edit: i uploaded HelloWorld.aspx and HelloWorld.aspx.cs into public_html/
and tried http://maplefrenzy.x10hosting.com/HelloWorld.aspx. but the page seems to appear unavailable.

Help is greatly appreaciated! thanks ~!

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
This contains a couple issues.

the Class in the .cs(or vb) file doesn't match the class specified in the aspx file:
Code:
AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="HelloWorld.aspx.cs" Inherits="HelloWorld" %>

public partial class _Default needs to be public partial class HelloWorld or Inherits="HelloWorld" needs to be Inherits="_Default "

Last edited:

szhockeykidd

Reaction score
i followed the directions and i am still having trouble running asp pages. i get error 404 that resource cannot be found.