How to get rid of "via xo1.x10hosting.com " from emails received in Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreygro

Reaction score
Hy guys,

All emails from contact form submissions on my site upload_2018-5-9_1-46-5.png are being received successfully in (test) gmail account. First it was not working, but after reading this essellar's answer in this post, I set up mail accounts in cPanel as shown in image below. (Note: email for this domain is hosted with Google apps, MX entry points to google apps server)

upload_2018-5-9_1-11-26.png
That worked !!! but gmail shows additional info "via xo1.x10hosting.com" next to "From" (sender's name).

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en

I prefer to not have `via xo1.x10hosting.com` info shown. Basically I would like to get rid of `via xo1.x10hosting.com`.

upload_2018-5-9_1-1-12.png
After some research found that it's got to do something with SPF & DKIM records
so enabled those settings in cpanel.
upload_2018-5-9_1-12-33.png

but even after enabling above settings, `via xo1.x10hosting.com` still shows up for emails submissions via/using contact forms.

Can somebody help resolve this problem or any workaround, ideas?

Pls note:
1. DNS of this domain is managed/hosted at cloudflare.

2. Email hosted by Google Apps (GSuite). MX record (in cloudflare) points to Google Apps.

3. Site (& contact forms) is running on concrete5 CMS without any problem and successfully able to receive emails (in my gmail) for any form submissions on the site for which I had to explicitly set up mail accounts in cpanel.

upload_2018-5-9_1-11-26.png

Can somebody help resolve this problem or any workaround, ideas?

Thanks
sh

lylex10h

Reaction score
  1. If you use cPanel webmail to send a message from siteform@shreygroup.com to an @gmail.com account, does it show as via xo1.x10hosting.com?
  2. What is the DKIM Selector for shreygroup.com? (This should be in your DNS records. Ex. go to https://mxtoolbox.com/dkim.aspx Domain Name: kolbys.net | Selector: default | click the [DKIM Lookup] button)

shreygro

Reaction score
Thanks for quick reply.

If you use cPanel webmail to send a message from siteform@shreygroup.com to an @gmail.com account, does it show as via xo1.x10hosting.com?

Pls note, I am not sending messages using cPanel's webmail, rather concrete5 CMS (a PHP-MySQL CMS just like Wordpress) that manages my website uses php's mail function
Code:
mail()
to send/forward message from contact form on the website (that visitors fills) to a @gmail.com

As pointed out in essellar's answer in this post, the From address on any outgoing email has to be an address that exists on your account thus I created these 2 emails as shown in this screenshot https://x10hosting.com/community/attachments/upload_2018-5-9_1-11-26-png.9425/ just to have mails successfully to @gmail.com account and actually that worked !!!

Prior to setting up those accounts the email wouldn't be sent/forwarded by x10hosting to @gmail.com account but after creating those emails, mails were successfully delievered to @gmail.com account.

The problem is gmail shows additional info "via xo1.x10hosting.com" next to "From" (sender's name). I want to get rid of this info.

Also pls note,

1. DNS zone for this domain is managed/hosted at cloudflare.
2. Email hosted by Google Apps (GSuite). MX record (in cloudflare) points to Google Apps.

Kindly take some moment to read my initial post.

thanks

shreygro

Reaction score
thanks for looking that up. Although I can setup SMTP in concrete5 but still x10 will have to allow . Am I right? and as far as I know x10 does not allow SMTP for free hosting accounts. Correct ?

lylex10h

Reaction score
I did my testing using Mail in Windows 10 with xo#.x10hosting.com as my SMTP server. So if they allow external connections, they should certainly allow internal connections.

gtechweb

Reaction score
Hi, Lylex10h:

I encounter same issue here, I do want to remove 'via xo6.x10hosting.com' when I receive testing email sent by PHP mail() for my subscription confirmation. tried a couple things found in community, but seems doesn't help a lot, tried SPF/DKIM/MARC, tested my domain gtechwebstore.tk in mxtools. any other recommended steps?

Thanks

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.